Work It Out

|Paul's POV|

Making my way up to our guest suite, my mind was racing. Vaughn has done a lot of things, but nothing ticked me off more than any of my kids going behind my back. We have rules in place for a reason. It's not meant to always be fair. Still, Vaughn knew better, but she did what she wanted to do.

Sitting on the bed, I heard my phone ringing. I was surprised to see it was Scott calling. Out of all my brothers, he was the most objective. I knew if anyone wouldn't take a stance on this current situation, it'd be him.

Hey, Scott.

Hunter, how are you?

I'm doing alright.

He chuckled.

I know that voice anywhere. Which one did what?

Your lovely niece, Vaughn.

Aw, my trouble maker. The rebel of all rebels.

It really does seem that way. She's really giving Izzy and Jamie a run for their money.

Well, to be fair, you were harder on the two oldest than you are on your youngest. So, is she getting away with more than the others did, I'm sure she is.

Tell me about it.

So, what did she do?

She was at Murphy's apartment. Bash and Rory still had time on their lease and she's going to stay there instead of the dorms.

Right, I remember you telling me that.

So, Murphy went out to lunch with her boyfriend, Ethan. Vaughn didn't want to tag a long. Bash and Zach went to the apartment to get the remaining boxes. They got back the same time Murphy did. There Vaughn was, in the living room with her friend Asher.

They're still going with this just friends bit?

Supposedly that's all it is. I'm just waiting for the day they tell me they're actually going out.

So, was she in a compromising position or something? I mean, I'm sure she wasn't supposed to be alone with him anyways.

Exactly. Zach said she was half naked. She said she was in her workout gear. They had just came back from the gym.

Okay, I see why he said half naked.

Right and Asher had his shirt off. Zach got pissed, rightfully so. Lucky it was him that walked in and not me.

Hey man, you out of all people have to keep your cool.

Scott, I know that. Why do I feel like my child is taking advantage of that? I've tried not to get upset like I used to. I also don't discipline them in anger, never have and never will. It's just with Vaughn, she really pushes the limits. It's like she gets in trouble for one thing and then goes in left field and does something else.

I get that. She's on this road of discovery.

Well, she's 16 and needs to discover that her mother and I have rules.

Paul, she knows, she just doesn't care.

That's the problem. Disciplining her at this point is going to do what? Taking away training won't phase her. She's found loop holes around it.

How did you leave the conversation?

I told her I didn't even want to look at her. I half meant that. I'm just frustrated that here I am trust her and this whatever situationship, as the kids call it, she has with this boy Asher and she throws that back in my face. For her to be that comfortable to do that with no regard for common sense is beyond me.