Imperfect Timing

|Rory's POV|

They say makeup sex is the best sex.

Let's just say Bash and I had a lot of that once he got out of the doghouse. It's like we couldn't keep our hands off each other. It became a whole new level of intimacy in our relationship. Sometimes we used condoms. Other times when we were in the heat of the moment, it was the last thing either of us were thinking of. I was on birth control as well, so we were good. At least I thought we were.

I had just got home from going out with the girls.  Happy hour, also known as Thirsty Thursday, lasted longer than I expected. Taking an Uber back to the apartment, Bash was in the living room when I came in.

"Hey baby," I said, dropping down on his lap.

He groaned. I knew exactly what I was doing.

"Hey babe," he said, quietly.

He tried to shift and move me, but I wasn't budging.

"You're not happy to see me..." I whined.

All he did was laugh.

"Always happy to see the love of my life. How was happy hour?"

Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Lots of fun. It was fun to catch up though. We haven't hung out like that since my birthday."

He nodded.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Come on, let's go to bed."

"I don't want to," I pouted.

He squeezed my ass and I instantly got up. Damn, after all this time, he still catches me off guard when he does that. He turned off the TV and grabbed my hand, taking me to the bedroom.

I was really tired so we actually just cuddled and went to sleep. Nothing extra. Imagine how freaked out I got when I woke up running to the bathroom to puke my brains out. I don't remember drinking that much.

"Babe, you okay?"

I used the little energy I had to turn and see Bash standing in the doorway in his boxers.

"I didn't mean to wake you up," I mumbled.

"Don't worry about that."

He moved to the sink and wet a washcloth. I heard him rummaging through the drawers. He then kneeled in front of me, laying a towel on my neck and handing me a glass of water.

"How much did you drink last night?"

"Not much. We took one shot and then I stuck to wine. I wasn't trying to get drunk. I only had 2 glasses. The girls drank more than I did."

Before he could reply, I was back over the toilet, throwing up again. Bash held up my hair and rubbed my back. He handed me a towel once I was finished to wipe my mouth as he flushed the toilet. I leaned back against the wall, trying to catch my breath. I felt like absolute shit.

"Let me go grab my phone and let my boss know I'm working from home today."

"Babe, you don't...."

"Ro, I'm not leaving you home alone like this. I'll be right back."

I didn't respond. I just sat there against the wall replaying everything I drank or ate yesterday. Then I started to think of when I last had my period. I didn't have my phone to check my app. Fuck.

Bash came back in.

"Come on, let's get you back to bed. I'm sure it's more comfortable than being on this floor."