Birthday Boy

|Izzy's POV|

My big boy is 8 today. I can't believe that 8 years ago I became a mom. I remember going into labor right after my baby shower. Nearly 24 hours later, Logan Tyler Law arrived. What did he want to do for his birthday? A sleepover with his friends. Ty took the weekend off. Jamie and Brandon will be stopping by to help as well.

He wanted to go camping, so we're going to bring the experience to him right here in the backyard. He's having a party in his class and then Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning will be his sleepover. To say he's excited is an understatement.

I woke up to someone shaking me. Opening my eyes, there stood Logan.

"Mommy! Mommy! It's my birthday!"

Looking at the clock I saw it was just after 5am.

"I know, sweetie. Happy birthday. You need to go back to bed. It's too early to be up."

"I can't. Can you get up, too?"

I felt Tyler move closer to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Go back to bed, LT. It'll still be your birthday when you wake up."

"But..."

Tyler sighed.

"Logan, I'm not going back and forth with you. It's 5am. Back to bed, now."

I heard his footsteps leave our room, closing our door before heading the bedroom door close.

"When'd you get home?" I asked Tyler.

"Just after midnight. Checked on the kids, showered, then crashed. Hopefully I can get a couple more hours in."

I didn't say anything else as he held me tighter and we both drifted back off to sleep. I woke up at 6:30am. Checking Livy's monitor I saw she was sleeping and Logan had climbed in bed with her. I smiled at the sight. I decided to get ready before waking him up. Checking the clock again, it was 7am. Ty was out of bed. I told him to rest.

He came back in the room half dressed.

"What are you doing up?" I questioned.

He looked at me confused.

"Good morning to you, too."

I went over, kissing him.

"Morning, babe. I thought you would sleep in and get some rest."

"I'm good babe. I would've joined you in the shower, but then Logan would be late to school."

"Well damn. You had time for a quickie."

"That wouldn't be a quickie if he was late, now would it?"

I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"Mmm. I just want you to be well rested. We have a busy weekend."

"I'm good babe, plus I can sleep later if I need to. I'm going to hit the gym with Brandon. I can drop Logan off at school."

"Alright. You can drop Livy off at your parents while you're at it. They're keeping her for the day."

"Anything else?"

"No. I'll pick up the cupcakes and cake pops on the way to the school this afternoon."

"Alright cool. Do me a favor and talk to Jamie."

"For what?"

He gave me a look.

"You know for what, babe."

I sighed.

"She's upset," I shrugged.