Talk It Out

|Izzy's POV|

Once we got home, we wasted no time getting the kids ready for bed. Tyler was with Logan and I just about had Olivia to sleep. I placed her in her crib before closing her room door and going back to mine. Entering I was surprised to see a glass of wine and strawberries on the nightstand. Candles were lit and my robe was laid out. I also saw there was a note.

I ran you a bubble bath. Relax and enjoy your wine. I'll be downstairs.

Ty.

I knew what he was doing, but who was I to not enjoy this bubble bath & wine. Looking at the clock, it was going on 9pm. I sunk into the tub, relaxing, sipping my wine. When I felt my skin started to shrivel, I got out. I dried off, put on my robe and headed downstairs to see what Tyler was doing.

There he was, sitting in the living room with a medical book in his hands. He was always finding ways to study. He looked up when I came in, setting the book down and motioning for me to sit next to him.

Sitting down, I propped my feet on his lap and he started to massage my legs.

"You trying to talk or seduce me?"

He laughed.

"Both."

I moaned, and tried to move my legs away from him, but he held me in place.

"Relax," he whispered.

"You know, I'm trying really hard to be upset with you, but you're making it difficult."

"I don't want you to be upset with me," he quickly replied.

"Well, I don't want you to hide things from me."

"Babe..."

"You want me to be open and honest with you, but you do this? I know how much your sister means to you. We've both blended our families from day one. I'm upset that she's going through this, too and what that jerk Connor did to her. Were you not upset when Aurora was harassed by that dick head, Kyle?"

He nodded.

"So how you feel about my family, I feel about yours. That's why I kept pushing you to straighten things out with Tucker and Tatum. That's why we spend so much time with your parents. Family is all I've ever known and your family has become my family. There's no way in the world I'd be upset with you for defending your sister. What I am upset about is you thinking you had to hide it from me to begin with."

"Izzy, you didn't want me going after Connor."

"You're right, I didn't. I know how you and Brandon can be. Throw in Brody, Tucker and Tatum, I really don't know what the 5 of you together are capable of. Teagan didn't want you to press the issue and whether you agreed with it or not, it was her decision. It's her life. So yes, I told you to back off because you wanted to beat his face in. If you would punch your own brother for disrespecting me, who the hell is Connor?"

He sighed.

"I get your point."

"When the role was reversed and I wanted to stand up for myself or my family, you always told me to take the higher road. Just how you're feeling, I get it. The higher road doesn't always make sense. Revenge is so much sweeter, but there's ways to get that revenge without jeopardizing your own reputation. Connor is a narcissist that could take away everything we've built by crying wolf. He's trying to destroy your sister. You think I haven't seen the stuff he's been posting on social media? I know you have."

"Of course I did, Izzy. You're right though, Connor is someone who could try to destroy our family. He mentioned you today."

"What?"