Move Along

|Bash's POV|

Walking into the kitchen, I saw my parents talking amongst themselves. I was pissed at Leo, but even more pissed at them that everything has gotten to this point.

"We need to talk, now," I stated.

My mother looked at me while my father got up from his seat.

"You can be upset, but watch your tone, Sebastian. We are still your parents."

I scoffed.

"You can't be serious right now," I mumbled.

"You're damn right I'm serious. Look, I know I've wronged you in a lot of ways and it's going to take time for us to rebuild our relationship. You don't trust me, fine. What I won't allow is you coming in and being disrespectful, especially to your mother. You want to talk? We can do that. Just check your tone."

"This isn't about me and you right now."

"I disagree. This involves your brother which you feel I'm doing the same to him that I've done to you. It's my fault he totaled your mother's car, right? I should've been a better man, a better father so he wouldn't have run off and did something so idiotic. Something that could have got him or someone else killed! I am trying now to make this right. As long as there's breath still in my body, I won't stop trying."

"So, what? That's supposed to make me just forgive you and move on. We can start being a happy family?"

"Sebastian, sweetie, that's not what your father is saying," my mom quietly said.

"My issues with dad are with him. When I'm ready to talk about it, I will. Mom, we have our own separate issues. I didn't come down here for family therapy. I came down here to check on Leo. After that, I'm on the first flight out, back home to my girl and my kids."

My dad threw his hands up and my mom motioned for me to sit down. There was silence before my mom spoke.

"Your father and I have been talking. Leo wants to live with you and maybe that would be the best decision right now. We would be able to work on strengthening our family, which starts with your father and I repairing our relationship."

"You get divorced to just get back together?" I quizzed.

She gave me a look.

"I didn't say we were getting back together, but we have to coexist. We can't take away the fact that we have two sons and now two grandchildren. We don't want there to be a continuous rift, Sebastian. We don't want to fight every time we see each other. I don't want to argue every time I speak to you either m. You're about to be 26 years old and..."

Her voice was beginning to crack and I knew she was about to start crying.

"You are about to be 26 years old and to know that your father and I have caused you pain of any kind, breaks my heart. We want to be there for you and I know it's going to take some time and healing for all of us. I'm hoping that we can start somewhere," she continued.

For them to agree to Leo moving to Jersey with me and Ro was a big deal. Then again, I can't say I'm surprised. I always thought I'd be the one taking care of my brother at one point. Hell, I always have.

"We'll send whatever money is necessary for him. The change of scenery may be best right now. At first, I was against it," my dad added.

"What changed your mind?"

"Your brother respects you more than he does us. Maybe you can help him. Not saying he'd stay forever, but at least we can try this school year as a trial period. He's off to a rough start already. I know it's asking a lot of you to do this and you'll need to discuss it with Aurora."