Unravel

|Izzy's POV|

Tyler has been in a mood since everything went down with Teagan. We don't know how long she'll be in rehab for. Ty still feels guilty, plus he and Teagan got into an argument that was never settled. They semi talked things out but the situation with her ex is still unhandled which doesn't sit well with any of the Law men. His father and uncle told them to leave it be for Teagan's sake. Yeah, that's going in one ear and out the other. I hope Connor doesn't pop up because he has 5 men ready to take his head off on sight.

Today is the day we are having Logan's parent teacher conference. After Tyler spanked his little behind for running off, he's been an Angel and we haven't got an notes sent home. Logan isn't dumb. He knows that I'd anything but exemplary behavior is told to his father and I, he'll be in trouble all over again. This is just the calm before the storm.

I woke up to hear Olivia screaming and crying. Getting up, I walked in to see her in Tyler's arms. He looked like he just got home.

"Shhh, baby. It's okay. Daddy's right here."

Rocking her wasn't working. She was refusing her bottle. Tyler paced back and forth in her room rocking her and whispering to her. It took a minute, but she finally started to calm down. Seeing she was settled I went back to our bedroom. Ty came in a few minutes later.

"Hey, babe," he said, aorrt.

"Hey, how was work?"

He shrugged.

"The usual. How was everything with the kids. How was Logan?"

"Livy and Logan were both fine. You look exhausted."

"More mentally than physically. I'm gonna go shower."

"I'll wait up."

He nodded going to the bathroom. I scrolled through social media. Ty returned soon after, climbing in bed and pulling me to him.

"We need a vacation," he mumbled, kissing on my neck.

"Where are you trying to go?"

"Anywhere but Texas. I know you and Jamie have been talking about going to see Rory and the house. Plus help her prep for the babies. We can do that."

"I didn't think visiting family was a vacation."

He laughed.

"Anywhere, but here in Texas is a vacation for me right now."

"Babe..."

"I know, I haven't been handling this Teagan situation well. One of the main reasons why a vacation will be good for us. I have some days off work I can take. You can stay longer if you'd like. I can always bring Logan back with me since he still has some time left in school, plus he'll be going right to camp."

It didn't sound like a bad idea.

"I don't know how Logan would take me staying in New Jersey while he comes back with you."

"He'll be fine. You've gone on plenty trips without him. This isn't the first and it wont be the last. Logan isn't the boss here, we are."

"I know, you're right."

"Babe, I know Logan is your baby boy, but for him to take you seriously, you have to be more firm."

"I am firm," I mumbled.

"Not consistently."

"Don't make it seem like I don't discipline him."

"You give him too many passes before you do is all I'm saying. I know you don't want to spank him all the time and you don't have to. Still being firm with him doesn't always involve that. You repeat yourself too much with him. I be damned if I sit back and let him walk all over you."