Terminated

|Brandon's POV|

It's been about a month since Amina was hired and after checking her inappropriate behavior, I'd be lying if I said it was getting better. I'm just avoiding the inevitable at the moment in firing her for misconduct. She's still flirtatious, which I can ignore. More so than anything, she's annoying. 

She's getting the job done which is how she's lasted so long and it's a process to find someone else to fill in for her. I don't rush and do things. I have to have all the facts and evidence so that there's no backlash. I became a lawyer for a reason. It's how I operated. It's what I knew. It's what I had seen all my life in both my father and uncle.

I went to go have lunch with my dad who was in the area. He was sitting at the table waiting for me when I got there. I took a seat and from how his face changed, he instantly knew something was wrong. It was rare that I could get anything past Ryan Law.

"Hey, dad."

"Hey, son. Glad you called me to have lunch. I was getting tired or dinosaur nuggets and french fries with BB."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"You're acting like mom doesn't cook."

"Oh I didn't say that, Bianca just gives me her food."

"Sounds about right."

"What's going on, son?"

"Just wanted to catch up."

He raised his brow.

"I know when something is bothering you."

"Just work stuff."

The waitress came over and we put our orders in.

"How's things going? I know you have a temp until Gabriella comes back."

I shrugged.

"That's if she comes back. She's a new mom and could very well want to stay home. I told her take all the time she needs. Hell, she can work from home or even bring the baby if she wants."

"I guess the temp isn't working out?"

I sighed.

"You could say that. I mean, she's doing her job. Not as efficient as Gabriella, but I've been working with Gabby for years. She knows my system. The temp is just inappropriate."

"Inappropriate?"

"Overly flirtatious, damn near throwing herself at me."

"Why is she still working for you?"

"Dad, I can't just fire her without evidence."

"The hell you can't. If she's being inappropriate that's all the evidence you need. Fire her for misconduct. Does Jamie about this?"

"From the moment she met her, she didn't like her."

"Of course my daughter wouldn't like anyone making advances at her husband."

I smiled at his comment. From day one, my parents have welcomed Jamie with open arms. She was another daughter they had, not a daughter-in-law. They loved her and I was happy she had a relationship with my parents. I knew how hard it was for her to trust people. 

"My temp, Amina, was in my office when Jamie stopped by with Bianca for us to go to lunch. Amina claimed she didn't know I was married and was giving attitude to Jamie. I checked on her on it, sent her home for the day, and told her to be professional in order for us to move forward. If she couldn't do that, I would fire her."

"Yet here we are and she still has a job. How long has she been working for you?"

"A month."

"Yeah, it's time you fire her."