Birthday Brawl

|Tyler's POV|

Walking in and seeing Logan fighting with another kid stopped me in my tracks. His teacher was trying to diffuse the situation. I quickly jumped in and grabbed Logan. He went to kick me, but I caught his leg. I pulled him into a bear hug.

"Logan, calm down, son. Deep breaths."

His teacher moved the other student out of the classroom. There was an assistant in the class, barricading themselves in front of the rest of the kids. Logan struggled against me.

"He hit me first!"

"Hey, you can talk to me, but don't yell at me. I need you to calm down."

From the tone of my voice he straightened up. We went in the hall with his teacher as the other students moved back to their seats.

Dr. and Mrs. Law, please follow me," his teacher Mrs. Varnado spoke.

The three of us followed her into an empty classroom as she motioned for us to sit down. Izzy and I took a seat. Logan sat down and she kneeled in front of him.

"Are you okay, Logan?" she asked.

He silently nodded. I could see the tears coming down his face.

"I tried to ignore him, Mrs. Varnado, but then he hit me. He hit me first."

She sighed.

"I know. He's been very mean to you today, which isn't nice or fair, especially since it's your birthday. Don't worry. He won't be coming back to the class today. I should have had him removed sooner. I'm so sorry, sweetheart. Hopefully we can still celebrate your birthday."

Logan nodded, once again.

"Alright, I'm going to walk you back to class and you can watch the show with Ms. Sheiman and the rest of your friends. I need to talk to your parents before we begin your party. Okay?"

"Okay," he whispered.

She held out her hand for him to take.

"I'll be right back," she said to us.

As the door closed, I looked over at Izzy. She was about go off in 3, 2,...

"You have got to be fucking kidding me. I swear if Logan gets in trouble for defending himself, I'm going to turn this damn school upside down. When he was sent home for shoving the boy, I understood. What happened at the end of last year, I understood. To be hit first, of course he's going to defend himself!"

"Babe, his teacher knows the situation and the boy that hit Logan has been removed. Calm down."

"Calm down?"

"Yes, Isabella, calm down."

"What, are you not pissed some kid just hit our son?"

"I didn't say that. His teacher didn't even explain the situation to us."

"She doesn't need to! Logan was visibly upset. That's all I need to know."

The door opened again and his teacher reappeared before I could say anything. She took a seat.

"I know how much of a special day this is for Logan and I hate that there has been a turn of events like you just saw. The student that hit Logan has been sent to the office and will disciplined by the principal for his actions. Unfortunately, this is not his first interaction with picking on students in the class. This is the first time it got physical."

"What made him hit Logan?" I quizzed.

"He was picking on Logan from the moment he walked in. All the kids know today is Logan's birthday. He's been talking about it and was really excited."