Inferno

|Jamie's POV|

So much is happening in this family, it's hard to keep up. It was great to be around and catch up with everyone for the holidays. We spent it in Connecticut and I know Uncle Paul and Aunt Steph were happy to have all 6 of us under one roof again. Was it a full house? Hell yeah, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Once we got back, Izzy and I jumped back into teaching. It was one of our goals for the new year. While we love the behind the scenes, dancing is still our passion.

Izzy sprained her ankle and the doctor told her to stay off of it as much as possible to give it time to heal. She's been at the studio teaching still, even if that's on crutches or in a chair. My sister doesn't slow down these days. Since we have classes in full rotation, she's been on a roll.

Ty said as long as she's resting, fine by him. She was working from home and impatiently waiting to get cleared from her doctor. If the doc said she was okay, Ty would ease up. He doesn't play when it comes to her health and safety.

I had meetings and tours at the studio today. Everything was going well. I was about to call in and check in with Izzy when she called me. Perfect timing.

Hello.

Hey, J. How'd everything go?

Great. May need to add a few more classes with all the interest, but that's what we've been wanting to do, maximize the traffic.

Yeah, for sure. Glad everything went well. I need a favor.

Sure, what's up?

Logan is being sent home for the rest of the day for an incident at recess. Is it possible that you can pick him up? I have a doctors appointment to check on my ankle. Ty's dad is going to take me. Hopefully I'm cleared today. I already spoke to the principal and it's fine he's released into your care since you are on the emergency list.

Sure, no problem. I'll pick him up and bring him back to the studio. I can put his little ass to work.

Fine by me. I'll be by there after my appointment.

Izzy, I got it. I'll drop him off once Ty gets off.

Yeah, he's working his usual today. He was adamant about taking me to check in my ankle. It's like he thinks I'm going to lie about what the doctor said.

Well, not necessarily lie, but you did hide the injury from him in the first place.

Hey, it was just a tweak.

A tweak that has turned into a sprained ankle and had you on your ass for the past few weeks. You injured it right after the holidays Izzy. Girl, it's almost Valentine's Day.

Alright, alright. I should've slowed down once I tweaked it, but we had a lot going on. Hello, I come from a "show must go on" type of family.

Yeah, you guys and your injuries and just ignoring them. So not healthy.

I get it, J. Thanks for doing me this solid. I'll call you after my appointment. You should have Logan by then.

Yeah, I will. Wait, hold up. Why are you not losing your shit over him being suspended?

Logan wouldn't just haul off and fight someone. I spoke to the principal and asked what happened. There was an incident at recess. His group was going out while the Kindergartners and first graders were going in. He saw a boy push Sasha and she scraped her knee. Logan went over, pushed him, and things escalated from there. He was defending his cousin. I'm not going to fault him for that. What I will get on his ass about is the language he used when the teacher took him to the principal's office.