No Way

|Murphy's POV|

I greeted my parents as they came in. My mom checked to make sure I was alright before my dad pulled me aside for the two of us to talk.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked as we sat down outside.

He chuckled.

"No, you're not. I just want to talk."

"Um, okay."

"You alright after your brawl?" he asked.

I didn't miss the smirk on his face.

"I'm fine dad," I mumbled.

"You handled yourself well."

"Really?"

"Mmm hmm."

"So you're not upset?"

"Is that why you're so tense? I just told you, you're not in trouble. Someone was messing with you and you handled it. I want to talk to you about though plans for the summer and you living alone."

"You and mom said it was fine that I had the apartment."

"I'm not comfortable with you living alone, Murphy."

"But dad..."

He held up his hand.

"Murphy, I know you'll be 19 soon, but I'm still not comfortable with it. You being in a dorm is one thing, you're surrounded by people. You have a roommate. You living in this apartment, it's a totally different ball game."

"So, you want me to have a roommate?"

He raised his brow.

"Your boyfriend isn't the roommate we're thinking of."

How did they... Of course they knew.

"Is it a problem that he stays?"

"You're going to do what you want to do regardless of what your mother and I say. I want you to be safe, Murphy," he stated.

"What, do you think I'm going to get pregnant or something? I'm on birth control dad. I take it regularly. I have an alarm to remind me to take it. I'm not trying to have kids right now. I'm good with finishing school. Plus, I saw how hard it was for Izzy and look at Rory about to have twins. I'm good with being Auntie Murphy."

"I wasn't referring to you getting pregnant, but thanks for easing my mind. My point is, you don't need to have people in and out of that apartment. You like to come home late when you go out. You need to be careful. If you feel comfortable living alone, fine. Would your mother and I feel more comfortable with you having a roommate, absolutely. For now, we'll play it by ear and adjust if need be."

"Alright. I do have a question though."

"What would that be?"

"So with Vaughn coming to town, can she..."

"Hell no."

"Dad, you don't even know what I was about to ask," I whined.

"You want Vaughn to stay with you while she's in town. Am I right?"

"Yes, but..."

"The answer is still hell no."

"Why does it have to be all that? I'm responsible."

"You just got arrested for being in a brawl. Yes, you were defending yourself, but it's not like you can take your sister with you when you go out. I swear if I got wind of you sneaking her into some club with a fake ID, that's your ass and hers. I want you two to be able to spend time together while she's here. I know you miss her as much as she misses you. Still, your mother and I agreed she'd stay here with Bash and Rory."