Girl Fight

|Murphy's POV|

I've made it through my first semester of college and it's Spring break time. Ethan and I don't have Spring break the same week unfortunately, but he's going to Tulum with friends and invited me to come along. Looks like those absences I haven't used will be getting put to good use. 

I'm heading to Florida to spend some time with Uncle Shawn and Vaughn to get out of New York. I didn't want to go back home to Connecticut, plus this will be a closer flight to Mexico. Even though Vaughn is homeschooled, she's still following school back at home and their Spring break isn't until April. She's counting down the days. She's hoping she gets to go to New York and apparently Asher is going to be there. 

Getting to Uncle Shawn's house, Aunt Rebecca let me in and we had lunch and caught up. She had some errands to run and I decided to go to the PC. Going in and saying help to everyone, I stopped at Uncle Shawn's office. He yelled to come in. 

"Hey, Uncle Shawn."

He stood, smiling, making his way towards me and pulling me into a bear hug.

"Hey, angel. How are you? I didn't expect you to be in town."

"Yeah, going to Mexico next week with Ethan and some friends so I decided to come spend my actual Spring break with you and V."

He raised his brow. Here we go.

"You're missing classes to go to Mexico with your boyfriend? Do your parents know about this?"

I watched him fold his arms and lean against the desk.

"Uncle Shawn..."

"Hey, your sisters booked it to Mexico for their Spring break and we all know how that went."

I rolled my eyes. I'm so tired of hearing about what Izzy and Jamie did. I get it. They were the wild ones, not me. I mean, then again Zach and Vaughn give them a run for their money. I'm damn near innocent compared to the four of them.

"Uncle Shawn, they give you absences for a reason. I'm just using mine for a vacation with my boyfriend and yes I told my parents."

"They're okay with this?"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm grown. It's not like they can stop me."

He scoffed at my comment.

"See, this is what I don't understand about any of you as you get older. I am a grown ass man in my 50s and I still have to answer to someone."

"What's your point?"

He gave me a cold glare. 

"I wasn't finished."

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"As for my point, stop saying you're grown. You are almost 19, yes, but that doesn't make you grown. There's still things you can't do. Drinking being one of them."

"It's legal in Mexico," I replied.

I watched him pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Murphy Claire..."

"What, I'm just saying."

"Okay, then I'll say this. Be mindful of your surroundings. You choose to drink, just know there's consequences that come with that."

He went and sat back behind his desk. Wait, what did he mean by that?

"Wait, what consequences? You guys can't spank me anymore."

He let out a loud laugh. It wasn't that damn funny.

"You put yourself in any type of danger, all bets are off."