Tough Love

|Tyler's POV|

As Logan left the kitchen, I looked over at Izzy.

"Hey, I'm letting you take the lead on this one," she said.

"I can't believe he's out here bullying people, a girl at that."

"His teacher did say that this is the first time it's happened."

"I don't give a fuck if it's the first time, I guarantee it's going to be the last. I'm not about to have our 6 year old son acting like this. It's unacceptable."

"I'm not saying it's not, Ty. We will talk to him about it. Still, we can't dismiss the fact that he was being bullied as well."

He took a deep breath knowing I was right.

"Fair enough. I just hated hearing the news of him doing this. Whether it was a girl or not, he can't just go and put his hands on people. You're right though, he can't become the bully just to get out of being bullied. When I drop him off tomorrow, I'll double check with his teacher to ask if the other parents have been notified about their children who are at the head of all of this."

"I'll send Principal Copeland an email asking how this will be handled. We could've asked this when we were there, but I know we were blindsided by the news. It's not like Logan to act like this. Daredevil, sure. Picking on people, that's not him," she added.

"I know."

"How are you playing this?"

"I'm not letting it slide," I stated.

"Your example of what you just did was..."

"That wasn't his punishment."

Before I could say anything else, Logan came back in.

"Hey buddy, mommy and I need some time to talk. You can go up to your playroom for a little bit. We'll finish our talk in a few. Okay?"

My tone was softer, still firm, but more gentle.

"Okay."

He disappeared and I heard Olivia whining.

"I'll get her," I said, standing up.

Going to the living room, I saw Olivia was wide awake. Damn, I wish I could sleep as much as she did. She'd be up until her bedtime for sure and hopefully sleep through the night.

"Hi princess. Daddy's right here. Shh, I got you."

I rocked her and she began to calm down. Holding her in front of me she started smiling as I kissed all over her face. Heading back into the kitchen, I held her in one arm while making her bottle with my free hand.

"I could've done that, you know," Izzy commented.

"No need, babe. I got this. Plus, you juggle all this when I'm not here. I told you, I would help carry the load. I meant that."

"I know you did. So, what punishment do you have in mind for Logan?"

"He's getting spanked."

"Ty..."

"Izzy, I know this is his first offense, but I don't want this happening again."

"Since it's his first offense, a conversation would work too. Look at what you just did. He was crying."

"Yeah, he was. Still didn't get my point across. That was just a reenactment for him to understand what bullying was in case. That's not the consequence for his actions. You know it wasn't. Why are you so against me spanking Logan?"