Life Changing

|Jamie's POV|

Therapy has been going well for me. I have a long way to go as far as healing mentally from my past, but I feel lighter. Getting everything out of my head and processing it instead has been a game changer.

I watched as Brandon walked into our bedroom after putting Bianca to bed. Our almost two year old was giving us a run for our money.

"Finally got peanut to sleep."

"She was a little fussier today than usual. I wonder if she's coming down with something."

"Maybe or she could just be over tired. You get a little cranky when you are. Must be in her genes," he laughed, climbing in bed.

Laying back on his chest, I relaxed as he rubbed circles around my back.

"Babe..."

"Hmm..."

"Where do you see us in 5 years?" I asked.

"Hopefully giving peanut a sibling, married, and still thriving personally and professionally. Whatever order that happens in, fine by me. I'm not pressed about it. If you're good, I'm great."

"We can get married."

He chuckled

"I know we can get married, J, and we will. It's just a matter of when, but yes I know, it'll happen."

"How about tomorrow?"

He slowed his pace of rubbing my back.

"Tomorrow? What are you talking about?"

"Let's go get married."

"Babe, what are you talking about?" he questioned, sitting up.

"I don't want to keep finding the right time for us to do this. I don't want to be your girlfriend forever. Just... Ask me again, Brandon. I wasn't ready before. Hell, I wasn't even thinking before. I was scared. Please, I know what I want. I know who's had my back and always will. Ask me again."

When I came back from tour, Brandon has proposed, but I told him I wasn't ready. We had talked about a long engagement, but I wasn't for that either.

I know turning him down hurt him. I feel like I've hurt him in a lot of ways, emotionally. Not only am I in therapy, but we have weekly therapy as well as I am working through my anxiety and weariness of marriage. With how I grew up, it always scared me. I just know Brandon is the love of my life and I want to be his wife. I can't believe I'm saying this. I'm finally ready.

"You're serious about this" I heard him say, snapping me back to reality.

"Couldn't be more serious. I regret saying no to you the first time. I..."

He cut me off, placing a kiss on my lips and pulling me on top of him. It was slow and passionate as he held me close to him. Pulling away, he stared at me, moving the hair out of my face.

"You know I'd wait a lifetime for you."

I nodded.

"You don't have to."

"We don't have to rush. We can start planning and..."

"I don't want to plan a wedding. I just want to get married."

"Okay. What changed your mind?"

"I've always wanted to marry you, I've just been scared. I don't want to keep suppressing my fear. I don't want to wait until we're 40 or have a house full of kids. I don't want to keep introducing you as my boyfriend. You mean so much to me and have been by my side through everything. I want to spend the rest of my life with you as Jamie Law. Just, ask me again."