New Normal

|Rory's POV|

Madison Rose and Wyatt Phoenix, our two heartbeats. My Leo's. Our babies are now almost 2 month old.

I turned 22 over the Summer and Bash would be turning 26 right before Thanksgiving and wants to do absolutely nothing for his birthday. Yeah, not happening. He was traveling for his birthday last year and I was pregnant so I have to make up for his 25th birthday.

While the beginning of my pregnancy was rough, mainly because I was in shock and miserable with morning sickness, I'm so blessed to have our two babies. Pregnancy near the end was irritating because Bash wouldn't let me do anything. Now here I am, postpartum and adjusting to our new normal.

My parents came to town once the babies were born and stayed for a few weeks helping us which worked out because Bash had to do the grand opening for his building in Milan. He turned a 2 week trip into a weeks worth so he could get back home to me and the kids.

After my parents left, his mom came to town with Leo for a long weekend. Bash's father sent us gifts for the kids, but Bash still isn't speaking to him. His parents are trying to work and he's working on his relationship with Leo. Bash isn't budging at the moment and I'm not forcing him to do anything. He wants to meet the twins, but Bash said no. It's going to take some time for them to get on the same page.

My girls were over quite often as well, helping me. Plus, their presence was extremely helpful when I needed to get some work done. I'm still designing and going to school. Didn't take a break at all. I questioned myself thinking I should have, but I'm working through it. I feel like I just started, but here I am in my Junior Year.

The twins were napping and I was about to make some lunch when I heard Bash's voice.

Mom, I really don't want to talk about dad every time I speak with you. Rory and the twins are fine. You have her number, call her. Okay, I'm sorry. Mom, mom... Yes mom. Okay. I just got home and it's the twins nap time. I'll talk to you later. Yes, I'll FaceTime you. I promise. Love you too.

I heard his footsteps make their way closer to the kitchen. He smiled when he saw me, but I knew he was putting on a front. I opened my arms and he sighed, coming over to me. He exhaled, pulling me closer to him. He's been carrying around a lot lately. I hated when he kept things bottled up.

"I missed you and the twins," he mumbled in my neck.

"We missed you, too."

We remained embraced for another moment before he let go, softly kissing me.

"How was work?"

"Great. I want to talk to you about something."

"Okay..."

He motioned for me to sit down before taking a seat next to me."

"So, you know I've been wanting to start my own architectural engineering company, right?"

"Yeah."

"I damn near quit my job today because I'm ready to make that move. After talking to my boss, they offered me a spot as a partner. From the work I've been doing this past year alone, especially how I handled the Milan contact, I'm asset they don't want to see go. A lot of the people working there don't have the skill set I have, but when they work with me, I bring them to my level. The offer as a partner is huge. I'll be able to bring on who I want and choose the projects I want to do. The number they offered is pretty nice, too."

I nodded.

"So, did you say yes?"

He shook his head.