One Last Rodeo

|Jamie's POV|

After spending another couple of hours at the park with Uncle Paul, we talked about everything. He answered all the questions I had about my dad's family. I was able to finally tell him how hurt I was and how I felt he turned his back on me. I missed my uncle and knowing at one point he didn't want me around, hurt. I was open and honest and he never made excuses. Still, when I needed him most, he was there. I guess the silver lining in all of this is my parents putting me in his and aunt Steph's care. This is where the true healing begins.

Once we got back to the house, I saw Tyler's car was here. Great, Izzy was here. I could use my sister right now. Walking in the house, I heard voices. Uncle Paul was right behind me as we entered the living room. He took a seat next to Aunt Steph as Logan ran over to me.

"Hi, Auntie J."

"Hey, sweetie. How was school?"

I watched him playfully roll his eyes.

"It was school."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"What does that mean? Did you get in trouble?"

"Sort of, but I'll be good tomorrow."

He tried to run off, but I pulled him back by the bottom of his shirt.

"Uh uh, mister. What do you mean you sort of got in trouble?"

"I said a bad word to this boy in my class and my teacher made me stay inside for recess. Not really fair. He cursed at me first."

"Yeah, but you know you're not supposed to be cursing," Tyler cut in.

He turned around and glared at his father.

"Logan don't be rude," I admonished.

"Daddy is being mean!"

"Mean would be washing your mouth out with soap which I didn't do, but keep looking at me like that and it'll be a problem."

He pouted.

"Where's Brandon?" I quizzed.

"Office," Tyler stated.

"Let me go see what he's up to."

I kissed Logan's cheek before heading to my husband's office. I knocked on the door and he yelled back to come in. Slowly opening the door, he smiled once he saw me.

"Hey, beautiful," he said.

Going over to him, he slid his chair back and pulled me on his lap.

"You okay?"

"Heavy conversation, but much needed. Uncle Paul told me everything he knew. It's gross how my father's side of the family is. What are you up to?"

"Working."

"Mm hmm, what are you working on?"

"Cease and desist letters for everyone attached to this social media train of slandering your name."

"Do you think it's going to work?"

"They either agree or get sued. That simple."

"I can handle it."

"You don't need to. I'm here to protect you and make sure you're good. If you don't feel safe then I'm not doing what I'm supposed to."

"Babe, don't worry about it."

He raised his brow.

"What do you mean, don't worry about it?"

"Brandon, there's no way in the world I'm not going to say anything to them after everything they put my mother through. I don't want to get into details right now, but in due time, I will let you know. I'm still trying to process everything my uncle just told me. One things for sure, they're not going to get to treat me how they did her. Not happening."