Unhappy Camper

|Paul's POV|

I just touched down in Florida and I'm on my way to the PC. Vaughn is not expecting me today, but Shawn gave me a call last night saying she's exhausted and seems a little off her game. Majority of my meetings are on the go anyway. Steph is currently in California for a conference, but will be in town in a couple of days and we're going to spend some time together this weekend, just the 3 of us.

Entering the PC, I instantly ran into Shawn.

"Hey, why do you look like you're ready to knock some shit over," I asked, jokingly.

It took a lot to upset Shawn so whoever pissed him off, good luck.

"Your daughter."

I raised my brow.

"Left her in the office like I usually do. Claudio moved her session to later this afternoon after I spoke to him about how tired and cranky she was. I went back to the office to let her know she could go back to sleep and she's nowhere to be found. I took her phone last night. So..."

"So, she's around here somewhere, I'm sure sleeping."

In that moment, someone yelled Shawn's name. They pointed to the nearby locker room.

"I had some people looking for her. Guess we found her."

We walked into the locker room and sure enough, there she was, curled up.

"I know training has been kicking her ass but..."

"Her being on the phone with her boyfriend for hours doesn't help," Shawn cut in.

"Vaughn doesn't have a boyfriend."

He laughed at me.

"Either you're blind or delusional. Maybe a little of both. She can tell you all she wants that he's just her friend, but I know that boy wants more. Tell me you don't?"

"Shawn, Vaughn's focus right now is this, finishing school and training. Asher isn't even in the state of Florida."

"He will be eventually. I heard her talking to him about how he has an indie show here soon."

"She hasn't mentioned that," I mumbled.

"Shut up!"

"You must be dreaming to be speaking to me that way," I replied.

Her eyes flew open and she quickly sat up.

"Uh, hi dad. Hey, Uncle Shawn."

Shawn glared at her. I stood there to see how this was going to play out. She did this on his watch. Now she had to deal with it.

"Where are you supposed to be?" he asked her.

"In your office but..."

"Exactly, in my office getting your school work done. Do you know how scared I was to go in there and you were nowhere to be found?!"

She rolled her eyes.

"I know this building like the back of my hand. It's not that serious."

"Don't roll your eyes at me or give me that attitude. I've been putting up with it for days, Vaughn. Frankly, I'm getting fed up with it. You've been moody, not listening..."

"I told you I was tired! Get off my back!"

"You know what, I'm going to walk away before I really end up doing or saying something, I'll regret."

Shawn looked over at me and I gave him a head nod signaling that I'd handle it. He left, leaving me to face my 16 year old.

"That went well," I stated.