Starting Something

|Bash's POV|

My brother was really pushing it talking to me the way he was in front of his friends. I stood back as they snickered at his comments. Fixing my gaze on my brother, he straightened up when he saw the look on my face.

"Alright, alright. I'm just joking."

His friends stopped laughing seeing I hadn't moved from my spot.

"Uh, guys, the food will be here soon. Let me show you guys to the pool house. There's plenty for you guys to do in there," Ro cut in, turning the attention away from me and Leo.

The pool was the newest addition to our property and there was plenty of space to add more for the kids down the line. Everything that I ever dreamed of in a home, I created and I was thankful to have Ro on board. Some of her ideas even superseded mine. I specifically wanted to have a place outside for times like these.

Even when my friends came, I didn't want to crowd the inside or if Ro wanted some alone time with her girls, we had it all. I'm sure my future teenage children will love a space to hang with their friends without us hovering.

I watched Ro and Murphy headed down the path with Leo's friends trailing behind. I had cameras installed to keep an eye on Leo and his friends. Still didn't know these kids.

Leo watched his friends before turning his attention back to me.

"Bash..."

"What the hell was that?"

"It was nothing. It was just a joke."

"Disrespecting me in front of your friends and challenging my authority isn't funny, Leonard."

He rolled his eyes at me saying his full name.

"Come on. Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Turn all dad on me. We were just having fun. Why are you taking this shit so serious?"

"Putting on a show is what you called it, right? Be lucky Ro just got your friends out of here because I really would've embarrassed her ass."

"Alright, Bash."

"This whole smoking thing with you isn't a joke to me. Last time I checked, we left that in Florida. Did we not? Are you smoking again?"

He quickly shook his head.

"No, I'm not, but I have friends that do. I was just trying to make it lighthearted like you would go all parent on them if you saw them doing it. That's all. That's all that there was behind the joke. I mean, you, Zach, and your friends used to do it."

"Keyword, used to. I haven't smoked since I started college, Leo. That was years ago. Look, I get that you where you're coming from, but you can't give your friends clearance to smoke on my property as if Ro and I wouldn't find out. Last thing I want is my backyard smelling like weed. Then that stuff gets on your clothes, you pick up the twins..."

"I wouldn't do that."

"Leo, shit happens. Is it your intention to come around them smelling like that, but it's likely."

"So, what, you don't want me hanging around them anymore because they smoke?"

I shook my head.

"Check your anger, bro. I didn't say that. If I didn't want them hanging around here, they wouldn't be here. Make sure you you don't smoke and I don't want them smoking in or around this home. No where on the property. I have cameras so I will see it. You got it?"

"Yeah, I hear you."

"Cool. Go have fun with your friends. Plenty of controllers. Two TVs in there so you all can play. I know Ro stocked the fridge and the pizzas are on the way. You guys have fun. If you want to use the fire pit later, let me know."