Road Block

|Izzy's POV|

We got home from Brandon and Jamie's and put the kids to bed. Tyler hadn't said much to me since our conversation earlier. He was laying in bed when I stepped out the shower. I climbed in the bed, putting her head on my chest.

"Babe..."

"Hmm."

"You still mad at me?"

"I was never mad at you, Izzy. I just hate when you get like this and get so hell bent on getting revenge. Not everyone or everything deserves a reaction. I know this situation is personal to you. Trust me, I get it. I just need you thinking clearly and not risking all that you've worked so hard on. For them, taking away what you have would be their satisfaction. You punching Natasha or whatever the hell you had planned would be a temporary high, not really resolving the issue. I just need you to be on your toes at all times."

"I am..."

"You're not. With situations like these, you are so fixated on taking the person down you don't think about the repercussions."

"It's not like I would get caught,"' I mumbled.

"See, you're still not thinking, but let's play out your scenario. You get your hands on Natasha and then what? You sneak attack giving her the power to bring you up on assault charges? What about Tank tracking her? All that leads back to you being the instigator, not her. That's what I'm trying to get through to you."

I sighed knowing he was right.

"Well, it's not my decision of how this goes. Whatever Jamie wants to do, I have her back."

"I have Jamie's back too. She's become like a sister to me just like she is with you. We can just handle this another way, right way."

"Alright, I hear you."

Nothing else was said on the issue. Another week went by and everything seemed normal. Jamie and I were shopping for the kids and an upcoming event we were having when we heard someone yell her name. Turning I was shocked to see her Aunt Rebecca, Uncle Jimmy, and bitch ass Natasha. Rebecca came running over and Jamie jumped back.

"Jamie! That's no way to greet your aunt. Come on, give me a hug."

"What do you want, Rebecca?"

Her aunt raised her brow, shocked by Jamie's demeanor.

"See mom, I told you she was bitchy," Natasha cut in.

Lord, please grant me the strength to not hurt this girl. Amen.

"What do you want?" Jamie asked again.

"We just wanted to say hello. You know, rebuild our relationship. It's been years..."

"It's been over a decade and I'm just fine not having any of you in my life. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do."

"You've grown into such a beautiful young woman, looking just like your mother," her Uncle Jimmy stated, smiling.

This fucking creep.

"Oh, I look like my mother? The woman you raped?"

They all looked shocked.

"What? You really thought I wouldn't find out what you did? What about you Aunt Rebecca, always jealous of my mother. Always talking shit when she wasn't around. You're probably happy she's dead, my dad was what? A casualty? Natasha don't even get me started on you. You tell your mom about that abortion you had in high school because you weren't sure who the baby daddy was. That happened not once, but twice."