Battlefield

|Paul's POV|

I was in a meeting when I got a call from Stephanie saying it was urgent. I wrapped things up as quickly as I could before calling her back. She answered on the first ring.

Steph. What's going on?

Paul, meet me at the jet. We need to get to Texas. There was an incident with Jamie and Izzy.

An incident? What the hell happened?

She sighed. I knew that was a sign that she was frustrated, but also didn't want to tell me knowing how I would react.

Stephanie...

Jamie and Izzy were attacked in the mall by Jimmy, Rebecca and Natasha.

What?!

Izzy is getting stitches. She had a gash in her head. Jimmy and Rebecca attacked Jamie. Thankfully she only has some bruises.

It took me a minute to process what she said.

Wait a minute. Jimmy put his hands on Jamie?

Paul...

Did he put his hands on her?

Yes. I just want to get to Texas and check on our girls. I'm about 20 minutes out. Get here as soon as you can please.

I'm wrapping things up now. I'll meet you there.

I grabbed my things and told my assistant to reschedule any meetings I had for the next two days. I could still handle calls and emails on the go. That wouldn't be an issue. It took me about a half hour to get to the jet. Steph had already boarded. She was on her phone as I got on.

Thanks for letting us know, Jamie. I'm glad you're alright. No, no. This is out of your hands now. Trust me when I tell you, your uncle and I will handle it from here on out. He actually just got on the jet. Hold on.

She handed me the phone as I took a seat.

Hey, Jamie. How are you sweetheart?

I'm fine, Uncle Paul.

Jamie...

Really, I am. Just some bruises. Izzy got hurt more than I did. She's getting stitches now. Tyler is with her. Brandon is with me.

Well, I'm glad neither of you are alone. How did everything start?

Izzy and I were shopping, actually heading out when Jimmy, Rebecca, and Natasha approached us. Words were exchanged. I put Natasha on blast about something. I shouldn't have said it, really. I let my anger get the best of me. As we turned to walk away, something was thrown and hit it Izzy. Everything went left from there. Security came, we were put in cuffs.

Cuffs? Really?

Yeah. They had us sitting there for a while. They checked the cameras and we were let go. On the way out that's when Izzy just noticed she was bleeding. We left the mall and came straight to the hospital.

Your aunt and I are on the way. Are the kids okay?

They're with their grandparents. Ty isn't sure if they're keeping Izzy overnight just yet.

Alright. We'll give you a call once you land.

Okay. See you soon.

I handed Steph back her phone and got on the phone with our family lawyer. I don't care if my girls were wives and mothers with families of their own. They were always my top priority and nothing or no one was going to harm them as long as there was breath in my body. I would always do what was needed to protect them at all costs.