Truth Hurts

|Vaughn's POV|

These past two weeks have been absolute hell. Uncle Shawn did not let up one bit. Like clockwork, I was up at 5am, running to the PC. My dad was still holding my phone hostage and said it was up to Uncle Shawn when I got it back. Asher wasn't joking when he said it'd be "over for me" once he saw me.

|Flashback|

This weekend with my uncles wasn't as relaxing as I wanted it to be. I was still sore and knew Uncle Shawn was going through with this punishment of his. There was no talking him out of it. Monday morning came quicker than I wanted. I was half sleep, finishing up my assignments for the day when Asher came in, closing the door. He didn't say anything. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood.

"Well damn, hello to you, too," I mumbled.

He just glared at me. I went back to what I was doing. I closed my computer, sighing. I was so happy to be done. For some reason the work is piling on. I thought Senior year was supposed to be a breeze.

"What's wrong?" Asher finally spoke.

"You being serious?"

"No shit. I just asked you, didn't I?"

"Alright. What's your problem and why do you have an attitude with me?"

"My problem is just how idiotic your stunt was on Friday. Matter of fact, get up."

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Asher, I don't know who you're talking to, but..."

Next thing I know I'm lifted out of the chair. I didn't even get a chance to fight back. His lips are on mine. It's a heavy kiss and I then felt a sting on my thigh.

"Asher!"

"There's more of where that came from if you ever pull some shit like that again. I was worried."

"I said I was sorry."

"One day you'll learn that an apology doesn't always fix things. Saying you're sorry doesn't change what happen. Why didn't you trust me of all people to have my back."

I tried to ignore him, but I felt another swat on my thigh.

"Stop!"

"Answer my question then," he countered, not budging.

"Ash, I know how you are and I know you don't even like who I was out with like that. So, telling you was going to stop me from doing what I wanted to do. You say you have my back and your loyalty is to me, then let me do what the fuck I want. Damn."

I was now irritated and he didn't seem phased at all.

"Do what you want, huh?"

"You know what I mean."

"I know that you're stubborn and a bit bratty at times. I can't stop you from doing anything, if we're being honest. Still, someone always needs to know your location. You think I share my location with you for shits and giggles?"

"No," I quietly replied.

I already knew where this conversation was going and I wasn't going to win.

"I said if anyone had my location it would be you. You told me the same, right?"

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"So if that's the case, why the hell did you turn yours off. You made yourself unreachable, V. That's dangerous as fuck. You don't know Florida like that to just be out here having a wild night."