Tough Adjustment

|Rory's POV|

It's been a couple of weeks since Leo moved in. After getting his room setup, Bash and I went over some basic rules with him of what we expected. He also knew things may change along the way as this was new for all of us.

|Flashback|

"Leo! Come down and let's talk!"

I'm sure he was glued to his game at the moment. Bash came and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my neck.

"I love you," he muttered.

"Love you, too."

I couldn't help but sigh.

"What's wrong?" he quizzed, quickly picking up on my change of mood.

"Noth..."

"Don't tell me it's nothing, Ro."

"I just have a lot going on right now. School is kicking my ass this semester. I want to make sure you're good, Leo, the twins. I just want things to run as smoothly as possible. I hate being away from the babies. I know you're here with them when I have classes, but still."

He nodded.

"I'm good, Leo's fine and so are the twins. It was hard for me being away from you and the babies as well, but we got this. You only have classes two days a week. I know it's jam packed those two days, but still, two days."

"I'm so closed to finishing, but over it at the same time."

He chuckled.

"Trust me, I get it. You have more on your plate and I know how efficient you are. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"You've done more than enough, babe. On top of missing Wyatt and Madison, I'm just more so in my head about my designs. I'm torn between what project to do and..."

Leo walked in the kitchen, stopping me mid sentence.

"Give us a minute, Leo."

"Alright, I'll go hang with Maddy and Wy," he replied.

"They're in their swings in the playroom. We'll be in there in a minute," I added.

As quickly as he entered, he left. Bash turned his attention back to me.

"If I can do anything to help, let me know. I know how you get in wanting to take on everything when you don't have to. I'm here with the Madison and Wyatt. Leo will help out as well. He's really great with them."

"Yeah, he is," I said, absentmindedly.

"Look, we'll take it day by day. Keyword being we. Okay? If anything ever feels to be too much, say something."

"You're going to be traveling for work soon."

"I will, but not like before. If I'm gone, it'll just be for a few days. I'm working around your schedule and now Leo's. My parents are both willing to come to town and I know yours will step in and help if need be. We'll be good."

He kissed my lips and hugged me once again. Bash was truly my safe space.

"Alright, I'll try to get out of my head."

"It's hard for you, I know. Trust me when I tell you, we'll be good."

He pecked my cheek one final time before we went to the kid's playroom. Leo was sitting on the floor talking to the both of them. They were content.