Brotherly Love

|Bash's POV|

Life is going great. I have the love of my life and my kids. I'm working on my relationship with my parents and I don't have to worry about my brother so much since he's here with us. Plus, career wise, I've never been in a better position. New office, team of my choice, contracts I want. No complaints.

Leo has been having some issues adjusting because with my parents he ran off and did what he wanted. Still, we're both working hard at communicating. Our last conversation could've went left, but I changed my approach and we were able to compromise.

|Flashback|

I had just entered the house and was wrapping up a call when I saw Ro on the couch with the twins. She looked tired. I kissed her and my babies.

"Hey babe," I whispered.

"Hey. Dinner is on the stove. You can call Leo down. I'm not feeling all that great."

"What's wrong?" I quizzed.

"Nothing. I just, uh, need to lay down."

Yeah, she was avoiding telling me something.

"Did you eat?"

"I had lunch," she quickly replied.

I looked down at my watch.

"That was hours ago. Maybe food will help."

"Not hungry babe. You talk to Leo today?" she questioned.

"Hungry or not, you should try to eat something. As for Leo, he just texted me he made it home and he wanted to talk. What's up?"

Before she could respond, Leo came downstairs. He looked at me, rolling his eyes which I quickly noticed. I straightened up, fixing my gaze on him.

"Why are you looking at her like that?"

"Like what?"

Oh he wanted to play dumb. Everyone knows I don't play when it comes to Ro.

"We got a problem?" I quizzed, stepping to him.

Leo sucked his teeth which just pissed me off even more. I was about to yoke his ass up.

"Babe, stop," Ro said.

I took a deep breath. Ro had been telling me that it'd be easier to talk to Leo when I wasn't so uptight. I know she's talking from personal experience. Still, his slick ass mouth is going to get him hurt.

Taking a deep breath, I sat down and motioned for Leo to do the same. Surprisingly he didn't object.

"What did you want to talk to me about Leo?"

"It doesn't matter. Ro probably already told you."

He cut his eyes at her. Yeah, I wasn't having that.

"Look, you can say what you have to say, but don't disrespect her. You're thinking with your emotions right now instead of logic. What happens when you do that is your reaction isn't thought out. So the two of you must've had a conversation earlier and it didn't go the way you wanted. Let me guess, you asked for something and wanted her to get me to say okay?"

His silence let me know I was right.

"Leo, don't be afraid to ask me anything. Whether I say yes or no, doesn't matter. I'm trying to find a balance here. We all are. Clearly you're upset, but instead of being rude to Ro and looking at her crazy, voice how you feel. Watch your tone and be respectful, though. Got it?"