Baby Sister

|Zach's POV|

I was at Rob's doing some training when I got a call from Vaughn. From the way she sounded, I knew something was wrong.

"Hey, Rob. I'm gonna have to cut this short. I need to go check on my sister."

"Everything okay?"

"I'm not sure. Since Asher left, she's been having a tough time adjusting."

"Yeah, we talked before he left. He was getting cold feet, saying he didn't know if he had what it took to really pursue this on a bigger scale."

I nodded.

"I appreciate you helping him out."

"He's a great kid. I told him he'd land on his feet. Go check on Vaughn, I'll see you later."

I left and called Kylie on my way to Uncle Shawn's.

Hello.

Hey, babe.

Hey, I thought you were training with Rob tonight.

I was, but something is up with Vaughn. I'm going to check on her.

I know she's been taking Asher leaving pretty hard.

Yeah, she has. She really loves the kid.

I know. He loves her, too which makes leaving even harder. Need me to do anything?

Actually, if you could have some food delivered to my uncles, that'd be great. Have it sent in about an hour. I want to talk to her first.

No problem. Anything in particular?

Vaughn likes pasta.

Alright. Sounds like Italian it is.

I plan on staying until my dad and uncle get back. You good?

I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Take care of Vaughn. Let me know if you need anything else.

Appreciate that, babe. I'll see you later.

Alright, love you.

Love you, too.

-

From Rob's it took me a solid 20 minutes to get to my uncles house. I saw she had texted me she was in the backyard. I headed around back and there she was, laying in one of the chairs.

"Hey, V," I said, softly.

"Hey, Zachy."

I nodded and moved to sit on the couch. She got up and came and sat next to me. I wrapped my arms around her and she started crying. I rubbed her back as she sobbed.

"It's okay, V. You're not alone, I'm right here."

"I.. I..."

She was gasping. I knew she was having a panic attack. Her anxiety had gotten worse over the years.

"Hey, Vaughn. Deep breaths. Come on inhale, exhale. Listen to my voice. Inhale, exhale."

"I'm so stupid, Zach. So stupid. Why did I have to fall in love with Asher? Why did he have to move across the country?"

I knew she was having a hard time with him moving, it had only been a week. Still, she seemed fine when I last saw her today. Then again, she could've been faking.

"Falling in love is a beautiful thing especially when it's with the right person. As for Asher moving, he's been dreaming of stepping up his game as have you. That's the hard part, I know. If the tables were turned, how would he feel if here and you went to Japan without him. Would you not go?"