Plotting

|Vaughn's POV|

I have been working my ass off in the ring, staying on top of my studies. Your girl is finally a Senior and I couldn't be happier to get the fuck out of high school. Of course my parents still want me to take the SATs, maybe even a gap year like Rory did. Yeah, not happening. My dream hasn't changed and in a matter of 9 months, I'll have my diploma and chuck a deuce. My dad is insistent on me having a backup plan and it's like, I get it, but it's not my focus right now. I'm riding this momentum and I'm only getting better in the ring.

Since I turned 17, I wish I could say my parents have become more lenient. Let my oldest sisters tell it, my parents have never been as chill as they are now. They think I have it easy. To some extent, I guess I do. Then again, my parents don't tell me when they're coming to Florida anymore. They randomly pop up. Uncle Shawn isn't on my back unless I don't follow his rules.

The weekend was here and I had just finished my training for the week with Asher. We trained during the day before he went to work or to hang with his friends. I had made friends of my own with some of the NXT rookies, so to speak. They looked out for me and I know my dad had eyes on me. I'm sure Uncle Shawn did as well.

Asher was driving me back to Uncle Shawn's when he looked over at me, placing his hand on my thigh.

"You good?"

I closed my eyes and nodded. I was fine, the past couple of days I just have been sore.

"Why are you lying? I saw you wince when you took that bump today. Why didn't you say something?"

"I'm fine, Asher. Being sore comes with the territory."

"Yeah, but what if you're injured? Do you have any bruising? Any swelling? Plus, your ribs were injured before. You have to be careful."

I laughed and all he did was suck his teeth and move his hand.

"Wait, wait, I'm sorry. I know you're concerned."

"Then don't laugh in my face."

"You just sounded like my parents."

"Hey, I have your dad's number and he told me to call him if I needed something. If you're not taking care of yourself, I'll call him."

I looked over at him.

"You wouldn't!"

He pulled out his phone and knowing the type of person Asher is, I knew he wasn't bluffing.

"Okay, okay!"

He looked at me before dropping his phone in the cup holder.

"So, are you really good?"

"I'm sore, but that's about it. Claudio told my uncle I took a bump and to get me checked out. Uncle Shawn had the staff check me."

"Yeah, but still. The docs could've said one thing, but you don't like to admit when you're hurt. I'm sure Mr. Shawn asked you how you were feeling. You told him fine, didn't you?"

"Well, I am."

He pulled up in front of Uncle Shawn's house and I couldn't get out fast enough. This conversation wasn't one I wanted to have. Asher had become very protective of me and when I did something dumb, he was on my ass. I leaned over kissing his cheek. Before I could get out, he was out and coming to open the door for me. He held out his hand for me to take it, which I did, as usual. He carried my bag to the door and waited as I unlocked the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Mm hmm."

He leaned in a kissed me and before I knew it, we were in a full make out session. That quickly ended by us hearing a blaring horn beeping. Jumping away from him, I saw Uncle Shawn pulling up. He got out the car and I noticed Uncle Kev was with him. When the hell did he get here?