Endless Love

|Zach's POV|

Today is the day that I marry the love of my life. Going through what we went through these last 6 months from my injury to counseling, it was all worth it.

The most memorable thing for me was asking my dad to be my best man. I know everyone expected  me to choose Bash, but this meant a lot to me to have my father by my side. My brothers understood. Not that it was going to be an issue regardless.

|Flashback|

Being in Florida, I had some time to catch up with my dad. He was busy, but since everything happened with me and my mental health, he'd been checking in on me more than usual. We were sitting outside in Uncle Shawn's backyard. He had went to take Vaughn to get ice cream.

"What's on your mind, son?"

I looked over at my dad.

"I want to ask you something."

"Okay, what is it?"

"You know how Kylie and I are getting married at the end of the Summer?"

He nodded.

"Cold feet?" he quizzed.

"Not at all. If you would've asked me a few months ago, yes, I felt the pressure. The pressure of growing as man. The pressure to be a husband and one day a father. The pressure to provide not just financially but emotionally and spiritually as well. It hit me like a ton of bricks."

"I understand and all those feelings were normal. As a parent and as your father, I hated watching how broken you were. I admire that you did what you needed to get better. They say you're only as strong as those around you, but you fought to get where you are. I'm so proud of you, Zachary. Most importantly, I'm glad you you and Kylie have worked things out. I know how much you love each other."

"I love her with all my heart. Which bring me to what I want to ask you. Will you be my best man?"

He instantly started coughing.

"What?"

I chuckled.

"Dad, will you be my best man?"

"Wait, I thought you had asked Sebastian?"

"I honestly hadn't asked anyone. My boys threw me my bachelor party and they're all groomsmen. Still, you changed my life for the better. I wouldn't be where I am today without you and ma. I'll be dancing with both my mom and ma for the mother's dance. As for your role, I want you to be my best man."

I watched the smile form on his face and he stood up.

"I would be honored."

I stood as well and he pulled me into a hug.

"Don't start crying on me, old man."

He slightly pushed me back and jabbed my arm.

"Wait until that knee is 100%. I'll show you just how much of an old man I am."

"You're retired, dad."

"From the ring, yes. From knocking you on your ass, any day/any time, never. Still love you kiddo," he stated, patting my face.

"Thank you dad, for everything."

He hugged me again, culling my head.

"I love you, Zachary."

"Love you, too, dad."

-

Hell, had things not panned out the way they did, life would be completely different. I had lived my life without my sisters, my dad, and ma. Now, I couldn't imagine life without any of them. I wouldn't have met Kylie. Bash wouldn't have met Ro. My relationship with my mother wouldn't be where it is. Life just wouldn't be the same.