Baby Girl

|Paul's POV|

I sat down with Asher on the other side of Rory and Bash's backyard. He was calm and had no reason not to be otherwise. I knew the kid was apologetic. I had grown to learn more and more about him over the year. I also saw the way he looked at my daughter. It was only a matter of time before one of them came and tell me they're dating. That's not a prediction, that's me being realistic. I see the way he looks at her and I've seen the way Vaughn looks at him and how her eyes light up anytime his name is mentioned. This conversation is a long time coming.

"How are you doing, Asher."

"Can't complain, Mr. Levesque. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me."

"Not a problem. So, what's on your mind?"

"I want to apologize for any disrespect you and Mrs. Levesque may have felt with me being at Murphy's apartment alone with Vaughn. It was a lapse in judgment for me to go in knowing an adult wasn't present. I should've turned Vaughn down and made sure she checked with you guys before we even made plans. I don't want you to lose trust in me and keep Vaughn and me from hanging out. I sincerely do apologize and it won't happen again."

"My daughter can be very persuasive. All the men in this family have fallen to her game. It's alright, Asher. I accept your apology."

He smiled.

"Thank you, sir."

I nodded.

"Vaughn, the closer you move, the longer I'll hold this boy hostage over here," I yelled in her direction.

She had been moving closer and closer like I hadn't noticed. Asher looked her way and laughed. She pouted, but went and sat down.

"So, how's your training going. What brings you to New York?"

"I finished up at my other wrestling school. I need to have more money before I enroll in another one. Zach actually hooked me up with a job in Florida with his step dad. I appreciate the opportunity. So, once I get some more money saved up, I'll get back into school. As for being in New York, there were a couple indie shows I worked at which pretty much covered the cost of my stay. I'll be heading back to Florida in a couple of days and I'll be there for a while. I've moved around a lot and I'm used to it, but I just want to stay in one spot for a little bit."

I nodded.

"Where will you be staying?"

"Mr. Rob offered me the apartment above the gym. I'm just have to keep it clean and maintain it. I don't plan on bringing Vaughn there if that's what you're thinking. I know you'd prefer us to have supervision. I'm fine with that."

"Glad we have an understanding on that. Vaughn's with her uncle Shawn and his wife, Rebecca, majority of the time so you'll not only have to check in with her mother and I, but them as well. You have my direct contact. Don't hesitate to use it."

"When it comes to Vaughn, I will sir."

"I'm not just referring to Vaughn, Asher. If you need anything, let me know."

He shook his head.

"Mr. Levesque, I don't take handouts. I really pride myself on working for every thing that I have. Trust me, I already get a lot of slack from friends saying I'm using Vaughn to get in the door of WWE. That's far from it. I respect your daughter, sir. I'm really lucky to have her in my life."

This boy really was in love with my daughter.

"She says the same about you. You have to block the outside noise. I heard the same thing when I started dating her mother and I was already in the business. I see something in you and I have resources that can help you. Plus, you don't need to be struggling to make ends meet. I respect that you want to work for your own, but just know that the door is open if you need help."