Curveball

|Vaughn's POV|

Asher didn't talk to me for a couple of days which was torture. What type of bullshit is that? I mean, I texted him telling him that my dad was open to talking to him and wanted to do so before he and my mom headed back home. All he said was okay. He didn't answer any of my calls. To my surprise, he was calling me this morning, waking me up out of my sleep.

Hello.

Hey, sleepy head.

While I was tempted to hang up, I can't say I didn't miss his voice.

Asher, what's up?

That's the greeting I get from you?

Aren't you the same one who told me to hit you up after I straightened things out with my parents. Yet, you're the same one who ignored me. Don't say you were busy either. You've never been too busy in the entire time I've known you to answer my calls.

I know, I intentionally ignored you.

For what? I apologized and...

I'm sure you did. I just gave you some extra time to think things over.

Whatever. So, my parents leave tomorrow...

Yes, I talked to your dad. He said you guys were having a cookout and invited me to stop by.

Wait, you what?

I talked to your father. Need me to say it in a different language?

No smart ass. How'd you... Do you guys talk on the regular or something?

No. Not at all. After everything happened, I asked Zach for his number.

Wait, you have my brothers number?

Yeah, I've always had it. He hooked me up with a few different trainers in Florida. Your brother is a cool dude.

Yeah, real cool. Look, I need to go workout and get ready for the day. I'll talk to you later.

Alright, take it easy with you wrist.

Okay, Ash. I will.

Talk to you later, beautiful.

The call ended and I got up quickly getting ready for the day before going in search of my brother.

"Zachary!"

"Vaughn, why are you yelling in my house?" Rory asked, coming out of her bedroom.

"Wow, you really sound like mom."

She rolled her eyes.

"So, why are you yelling for Zach?"

"He gave Asher dad's number."

"Okay, what's wrong with that?"

"Rory, what's not wrong with it?"

"Yeah, you need to calm down, V. I don't know many guys that would stand up to dad getting caught in the position you and Asher were in..."