Moody

|Vaughn's POV|

Since Asher left, I've been struggling to get through training. School is for the birds. I'm miserable. I've never felt like this before.

Asher could've waited and went with me, but I saw how excited he was. I also knew he had to go and pursue what he needed, no what he wanted to. Who was I to hold him back? We had the same dream, but it didn't have to be the same exact path. We didn't have to do this together all the time.

I've been dodging Asher as well. I respond to his texts, but he reads me so well, I can't let him see me like this. I'm not taking it well, at all.

I was finishing up some assignments when I heard a knock on the door. The door opened and Uncle Shawn appeared holding a bag of food and a smoothie.

"Hey, kiddo. You didn't eat breakfast and it's almost noon. I brought you lunch."

He sat everything on the desk.

"Not hungry," I mumbled.

"Not negotiable. You have a training session this afternoon and I don't need you passing out because you're not nourishing your body. Come on. I'll feed you if I have to."

I rolled my eyes.

"That won't be necessary."

"So, let's go. I got you the club sandwich you like and your favorite smoothie. There's chips in the bag as well."

"Okay, thanks. I got it. You can go."

He raised his brow at me.

"I get you're moody, but check your tone."

"Sorry."

He nodded.

"I'll be back to check on you. Eat something Vaughn. Oh, someone is here to see you. I'll send them your way."

"Wait, who is it?"

He gave me one final look before leaving the room. It could very well be one of my parents or uncles popping up. I went back to what I was doing when I heard a knock on the door again. I quickly grabbed the food. I wasn't going to be caught slipping.

Taking a bite, there was a knock again before the door slowly opened. It was Zach. I was shocked to see him. He didn't tell me he was coming. I hadn't seen my big brother since the holidays. He had a brace on his leg, but last we spoke recovery was going well.

"Hey, baby sis."

"Zachy!"

He opened his arms and I would lie and say I didn't need a hug right about now. He pulled me closer to his chest, holding me in his arms, not saying a word. He kissed my forehead, before holding me at arms length. I could see the frown on his face.

"You doing alright?"

I gave him a half smile and nodded.

"It's okay to be sad, V."

I scoffed.

"I'll get over it."

"It's not something you have to get over. You just have to learn to adjust. It's hard being away from people you care about."

"It's the business I want to be a part of so bad."

"Doesn't it mean it's easy and you don't have feelings."

He looked past me at the food.

"Really, Vaughn?"

"What?"

"Uncle Shawn brought that food to you a half hour ago. You barely touched it."

How did he know that?

"I took a bite."