Familiar Faces

|Jamie's POV|

What a week it's been. Thankfully all of Bianca's tests were cleared and she was able to come home after a night in the hospital. Brandon and I got married this past weekend and I am officially Mrs. Law. To my surprise, once I told Izzy she called aunt Steph who hired a party planner. The whole family came to town as a surprise. How they move so fast is beyond me.

Today I'm back at the studio. We have a lot of contracts to go over, so I'm swamped pretty much all day. Izzy has a pile of papers for our dance team we're starting so she's working on that. We meet in the middle, go over everything together and then finalize. It's a system we found that works and cuts our time in half.

I heard a knock on the door. Soon it opened and there stood my husband. Damn it feels good to say that.

Throughout all of this, Brandon has been helpful on the legal side of things with these contracts. Yes, we have Layla who handles most of this, but Izzy and I both wanted to be more hands on. Anything I don't understand, I ask him. While our team gets the contracts in mine and Izzy's hands, a lawyer's eyes are necessary to make sure we're not signing a dumb deal. While we each did choreography, we weren't doing any dancing at the moment as we were fully focusing on the business side and fine tuning our system.

"Hey husband," I said, setting my papers to the side.

He smiled, kissing my lips. I couldn't help but groan. He stopped, laughing.

"You good?"

I gave him a look.

"Fine, but my husband likes to tease."

"I got you later. I'll never apologize for not being able to keep my hands off my wife. I can't help that my you can't resist me."

I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Mmm hmm. So what brings you by?"

"I know you won't be able to get out for lunch, so I brought it for you."

"Thank you."

He motioned for me to come sit at the table I had with him. He handed me my favorite from sandwich and soup from Panera. Mid lunch, I heard a knock on the door and Teagan popped her head in.

"Hey Teags, what's up?" I asked.

"Sorry to bother you. There's someone here asking to see you. They're very persistent."

Before I could respond, Brandon stood up.

"Who is it?" I quizzed.

From his stance, I could tell he was on defense mode, ready to jump in if need be.

"They said they're your cousin."

I started coughing and choking on my lunch. Brandon patted my back, handing me some water.

"We'll be right there, Teags," I heard him say.

What the hell? I haven't spoken to my father's side of the family since they bullshit they pulled when my parents died. That was over a decade ago. They've tried reaching out, but they don't exist to me. Who talks to you like that, better yet, makes threats like that. Hell no. I set boundaries and I've been fine without them. I'll be damned if they think they're going to walk back in my life like everything is cool.

"J, you good."

"I'm fine. Go get Izzy, please."

He gave me a look, but I already knew how my family operates. I'm not here for it.

I didn't say anything else as I got up and went to the front of the studio. Teagan was behind the desk and my cousin, Natasha, was sitting there, waiting. She stood once she saw me. I heard footsteps behind me knowing Brandon wasn't far behind.