Chapter - 13

Recap: Jhanvi faints in Ram's . Later Ram lashes out on Akhil accusing him for Jhanvi's condition.

*************

Pain was a simple word that could not explain what Akhil was feeling now. He left his office immediately to check on Jhanvi. The traffic on the way made him lose every bit of sanity as anger and frustration rose in him. After what looked like a decade he reached his home and ran inside straight to Jhanvi's room. The sight before him broke the core of his heart. 

Jhanvi was curled like a fetus and her eyes had bags, cheeks had dried marks of tears. She looked worn out completely. Her fist was holding the sheets tightly. He plopped on the floor looking at her. He wiped his tears when he heard foot steps towards her room. A maid walked in with a bottle of water. He signalled her to maintain silence and spoke in a low voice.

Akhil: What are you doing here ?

Maid: Sir, I just came to place this water bottle in madam's room.

Akhil: Did she have dinner ?

Maid: No sir, I m sorry sir.

Akhil: Now spill, what happened in my absence else you will be fired.

Maid: Sir, for the past two days madam was just having water and nothing else. Sheela madam ordered me that no food or water should be given to Jhanvi madam but I felt pity to see her condition and gave water in secret for the past two days. I m sorry sir.

Akhil ordered the maid to leave and broke down to hearing everything. 

Akhil Mv: Why mom, Why did you do this ? I loved you more than anyone in all my life. I thought you were angry on me for marrying Jhanvi and would soon get to normal. that was the reason I stayed quite when you choose lash out on Jhanvi but never in my dreams I thought you could do such thing. You could have punished me mom why her. She is innocent in all this and doesn't deserve all this. 

He wiped his non stop tears and moved out of the room without any noise and walked straight into the kitchen. He saw food in the containers but ignored everything and started cooking from his own hands. He made dosa and chutney and transferred in a plate and move to Jhanvi's room. 

Akhil placed the plate on the night stand and sat on the bed next to her and shook her gently to wake her. Jhanvi woke up startled and held her chest in fear. 

Akhil: Hey relax, its me. Calm down.

Jhanvi calmed on seeing Akhil and looked down avoiding his gaze. Akhil took the plate and passed it to her and sighed to eat. 

Jhan: I m not hungry. 

Akhil: I know but now you are eating this and I m not leaving until you finish this.

Jhanvi stayed quite for sometime. She waited for him to leave but he did not budge, finally she gave up and took the plate from him and ate one dosa and kept the plate. Akhil gave her water and she took it from him still surprised.

Akhil stood and took the plate in his hand.

Jhan: I will return please leave it. You need not do that.

Akhil: Let it be. I don't mind doing it. And I m sorry.

Jhan: Why ?

Akhil: I said I hate you but that doesn't mean I m heartless to watch you being tortured without food. You should have called me to let know whats happening behind me.

Akhi Mv: Idiot did you give your number to her for that ?

Akhil: Oh, I m sorry. 

Akhil took her mobile and dialed his number and returned it to her.