Chapter - 15

Recap: Isha makes a drama to stop Jhanvi from doing household chores. Akhil is upset as Jhanvi refuse to answer him.

***************************

It was chill evening as the clouds were set ready to pour anytime. People in a park were enjoying the chillness awaiting the rain to drench them. Children were playing in groups and laughing their heart out. But one girl nearly in the age of 6 was sitting on a bench with her legs pulled to her chest. Her hairs were messed and she looked left alone with marks of tears that had dried.

A 12 years old boy who was riding his bicycle saw the girl and stop riding his cycle and sat next to her. He felt a strong pull towards her and could not see her in tears wanted to ease her pain.

Boy: Why are you crying baby ?

Girl: No one plays with me. I feel alone. I don't have friends.

She started crying and the boy wiped her tears and put the strand of hair behind her ears.

Boy: Don't cry baby even I don't have friend so will you be my friend ?

Girl: Really, you will be my friend and play with me daily ?

Boy: I will be your friend but I can't play with you daily so I will give you my best friend so that you can play with him.

The boy took a miniature bike and gave it to her.

Boy: This is my favourite toy and best friend. I love him a lot. Now you can have and play with him. I will come to meet you here some day and I will play with you.

Girl: Thank you boy friend. I love this.

Boy: boy friend ?

Gir: Yes you are friend and a boy so boy friend. Here this is my doll and you can have it. But I will wait for you. Please come and we shall play.

Boy: Sure I will come girl friend.

The girl hugged the boy and kissed his cheeks. He kissed her forehead and left from there in his bicycle hearing the girls voice as she shouted " Bye Boy friend, come back soon "

Akhil woke up startled with the dream, which he used to have frequently and missed in the recent months after he met Jhanvi but today he dreamt of the little girl he met years back in a park. His lips curved in a smile as the memories turned fresh like it happened yesterday.

Akhil: Who will believe I had a girl around the age of 5 or 6 when I was just 12. Hope you are good and happy my girl friend.

Kabir: Yaruda unnoda girl friend engalukku theriyama adhuvum ippo unakku wife vera irukka. (Who is your girlfriend man and that too now you have a wife )

Akhil: That little girl Kabir. I had the dream of our meeting after a long time.

Sanja: Leave your girl friend aside and now answer our question. Don't try to cheat us because you already blabbered most of the details yesterday. Now we want few more details.

Akhil: I did not blabber anything so stop questioning me. I m leaving now. Reach office on time.

Kabir stopped him and locked him holding his hands behind him.

Kabir: Don't try to escape. Now tell us how long have you been crushing on Jhanvi or how long have been in love with Jhanvi ?

Akhil's eyes widened at the sudden question.

Akhi: What the fuck, I don't love anyone. Leave me now Kabir.

San: Sorry Mr. Akhil we can't leave you unless you spill the complete truth. Eppadi ava kanna pathale yedho pannudha ?