Chapter - 70

Recap: Akhil and Jhanvi have a tour of the resort and plan for its opening. Akhil wanted to return home the very next day for some important work.

***********************

Akhil and Jhanvi were sleeping in the bed of the royal jet as they started early from New york. Jhanvi tried her to best to know what was the important work he had to finish but Akhil gave some business reasons which she accepted half heartedly. Whe Akhil woke up from sleep he returned to the cabin and made sure Jhanvi was still sleeping and made calls continuously.

After a long journey they reached home and slept off due to jet lag. Morning around 9 Akhil woke up and shook Jhanvi to wake her too. She rubbed her eyes and saw him looking at her.

Akh: Jaan, I have an important meeting can we get ready please. pretty please ?

Jhanvi said yes and helped him bath and he got ready. Jhanvi got bathed and when she came out Akhil gave her a bag.

Akh: Angel please wear this. He is foreign client and let us be dressed a little modern.

Jha: Some one did not want me to be dressed in modern outside of room what happened now ? Is it ok if that client drools on me ?

Akh: God, angel he is an old man. Needs support to stand and where does the drooling come from. Now please wear this for me. Come fast please. I have already wasted so much time.

Jhanvi moved to the closet and wore the yellow floral sleeveless gown that reached her knees with denim jacket. She tied her hair in a pony tail and wore danglers to match the dress. When she came out Akhil showed a super sign and winked at her. He placed the new sneakers and sighed her to wear it.

Jha: Why do you want me to wear all these ?

Akh: No more questions Jaan, please lets go. We are getting late.

They sat in back seat and Akhil signalled driver to start. Nearly after driving for 1 hour his mobile rang and he spoke in a shocking voice startling Jhanvi. He cut the call and turned to her.

Akh: I m so sorry Jaan, its that the client cancelled the meeting. Idiot why should he call in the first place if he can't attend the meeting.

Jha: Fine, lets return home. What is the use in scolding him now ?

Driver: Sir, there is a park nearby and if you don't mind you can go there. It is beautiful place. Anyhow your meeting got cancelled. you can spend some time there.

Akh: hmm, atleast I will take you there angel. We shall leave after getting some fresh air.

Akhil informed the driver to stop by the park and within few minutes they reached there. Akhil got down and he gave his hand to Jhanvi to hold. She gave in and they entered inside. The park was a huge one and there were few people walking and old people chatting. Some chidren were playing. Akhil saw Jhanvi who was looking around the park. He cleared his throat and smiled at her.

He took her towards a bench but stopped in mid way. Jhanvi was confused and saw what he was seeing. She saw a girl sitting on the bench crying. Jhanvi was about to move to her but Akhil stopped holding her hand. Before she could question him she saw a boy driving a bicycle stopping by her and sat next to her. Both Akhil and Jhanvi was watching them.

Boy: Why are you crying baby ?

Girl: No one plays with me. I feel alone. I don't have friends.

She started crying and the boy wiped her tears and put the strand of hair behind her ears.

Jhanvi eyes widened hearing those words. She stood froze listening to them.

Boy: Don't cry baby even I don't have friend so will you be my friend ?