Chapter - 55

A/N: Last two chapters reads, votes and comments has reduced. Not sure if  everyone is busy with the poojas or do you find it dragging without interest. If you find it less interesting please comment. And  I m so happy that I have completed one year, it all started this day last year I published my first book Never Leaving You and I have reached this far only with all your love. To make this day even more special I would like to interact with you all with Q&A in my insta. You are most welcome with your questions on any of my book, its characters or even feedback is most welcome. My insta id is msjasly. Thank you so much. ❤ 

Recap: Akhil bought a new home for Jhanvi and plan to propose her on his birthday. Jhanvi is confused on planning a gift for Akhil 

****************

Jhanvi and Ram were in the meeting room and she was sharing her plans to celebrate Akhil's birthday.

Jha: Today I m leaving early to buy gift for Akhil and on weekend Isha will accompany me for shopping to decorate our home. All you have to do is plan something to keep him away from home the previous day and make sure he will reach home just a few minutes before it strikes 12.

Ram: If I keep him busy who will help you in arrangements ? I will tell Kabir to keep him busy and we shall do the arrangements together.

Jha: No, I will take care and Kabir anna can't hold his tongue and may blurt out our plans. So it will be a surprise for all.

Ram: Fine, as you say. And what gift are you planning ?

Jha: Something special wait and watch.

Akhil was on a video call checking the works going on in their new home and when Jhanvi entered his room suddenly he shut his laptop abruptly and Jhanvi looked at him with a frown.

Jha: What happened why did you end the call abruptly ?

Akh: N...No...I ...I mean the call was over...yes...

Jha: I m leaving early to home today and what are your plans ?

Akh: I have too much work and will be late tonight too. 

Jha: Why are you nervous so suddenly ?

Akh: nothing just stress on the new resort work. 

Jhanvi shook her head and left to her room. By evening she left early and reached the jewel shop where she had given order for a customized chain. She collected the chain which had a pendant with letters A and J interwined. She also got customized angel wings cufflinks and angel brooch and looked at it with love.

Jha Mv: You always call me angel and this is a symbolic gift that I m always with you. Hope you will love it.

Her car was in struck in the traffic and she saw Akhil's car in the opposite direction. She immediately call him. Akhil saw her name and got restless to lie.

Akh: Angel, I m in middle of a meeting. I will call you back. Anything urgent ?

Jhanvi was still processing his lie and she could see his silhouette inside his car.

Jha: Just thought of asking when you will return.

Akh: I will be late Jaan. You have dinner and sleep. 

Jhanvi felt her cheeks getting wet and realised tears has already found its way. She was confused and felt hurt when he lied to her.

Jha: Why did you lie to me Akhil ? 

She felt a prick in her heart and her lips trembled in fear and insecurities that were buried deep in her heart started raising above. She reached home and saw Banu preparing dinner, she left to her room without a glance towards her. Banu felt something was wrong and did not bother her and left her to be alone for some time.