Chapter - 71

Recap: Akhil propose Jhanvi revealing their childhood memories.

********************

Akhil and Jhanvi were sitting on the same bench and Jhanvi was holding the doll to her chest in one hand and admiring the ring Akhil had wore in her finger. Akhil kissed her temples and she turned her attention to him.

Akh: You were wearing a similar gown on that day so I wanted you to wear this especially today. Did you not remember me when you saw my childhood photos ?

Jha: I remember the incident but your face got gradually erased from my memory. May be I was too young to remember for a long time. I remembered a blurry image of your face.

Akh: No worries but you fell for me even at the first time so it was evident that I was in your heart always.

Jha: How did you find it was me and how did you knew I liked this ring ?

Akh: Lets go home and talk everything today.

Jha: Akhil, I just remember now. We are in public and what of someone has noticed us or recorded our moments ?

Akh: I made every arrangements and blocked anyone from entering. The few people who were here are also arranged by me and they won't reveal anything. I made the set up.

He took her hand and the driver drove back to home. Akhil sat on the couch and Jhanvi sat next to him waiting for him to answer her.

Akh: After you left me I was broken completely and could not bear to stay alone. I missed you a lot. I took your saree and slept holding it. I was mad that I took most of the sarees from your wardrobe and thats when I saw the briefcase that was left open. I found the toy bike I gave you that day and knew that it was you, my first ever girl friend and instantly decided that I will propose you at the same place where we met for the first time.

And about the ring, I saw your eyes twinkle in happiness when you saw it. I bought it the same day and saved it for proposing you. It looks beautiful on your finger.

Akhil caught her hand kissed her knuckles.

Jha: I m sorry Akhil. I kept you in dark and did not reveal anything about me. I couldn't open up since I promised Kamini madam and Rajendran sir about waiting until Liya gets married. But I decided to tell you everything on your birthday but......

Jhanvi looked down at the floor, her eyes brimming with tears. Akhil lifted her face to look at him.

Akh: I bought that home for you, for us for a new begining. I planned to propose you long back and I know you would make something special for my birthday and I want to surprise you by proposing on the same day. I did so much of arrangements there to make it special. Infact I lied to you that I m in office for meeting but I was there to look after the decorations and setting the things ready for you.

Jha: I know you lied to me. I saw your car going on the opposite direction of office and infact called you immediately but you lied that you were in meeting. I missed you like hell when you avoided me.

Akh: I could not hold my excitement and also did not want spoil the surprise so I avoided and thought of making up later after proposing you. 

That day I finished the works and was ready to return but before that they both came there and mom said she will leave after dinner. I did not speak with them and stayed away. I remember having dinner and then someone helped me to the room.

I remember sleeping alone and promise, I don't know how she ended up there. But I never cheated on you and will never do that angel.

Jhanvi hugged him and patted his back.