Chapter- 37

Recap: Kamala traps Sheela in her plan to shift Akhil and Jhanvi to his penthouse.

********************

The living room of Akhil's house was decorated with flowers completely and the maids were busy preparing all the sweets and food. Kamala was sitting in the living and watching the preparations and instructing them to arrange the plates with fruits, sweets and flowers to be set for the ceremony. Two silver traditional lamps were placed on either side of the seat left for Jhanvi to sit.  

Sheela was dressed in an expensive saree with many jewels. Isha wore a saree and a simple diamond necklace and helped Kamala with the arrangements. Kabir and Sanjay walked with a wide smile and got blessings from Kamala. Chakravarthy and Sheela came together and sat in the living.

Akhil wore a silk dhothi and light blue shirt given by Kamala and was scrolling through his mails waiting for Jhanvi who was getting ready in the closet. He was looking at the closed doors impatiently waiting for her arrival. He stood before the mirror and set his hair for the nth time and huffed looking at the closed doors.

Akh: What is she doing for such a long time ? Here I can't wait to see her. 

He started pacing in the room and by the time Isha came calling him.

Isha: bro, granny is calling you down. Kamini aunty and Sita aunty has arrived. 

Akhil looked at the door and left with Isha and saw Kamini and Sita in the living. Sita was tensed and fidgetting with her fingers as Sheela was staring at her. He shook his head and walked towards them with a smile.

Akh: Maa, how are you ? Please welcome.

He fell on Sita's feet to get her blessings. Sita felt overwhelmed for his gestures and held his shoulder and made him stand. She touched his head and blessed him. Akhil greeted Kamini and took her blessings too.

Kamala: Akhil, I have told you already that you should never take blessings alone. Next time wait for Jaanu and both do it together.

Akhil wrapped his arm around Sita and brought her to the couch and made her sit which fumed Sheela. He sat next to her to make her comfortable.

Akh: Granny I was just excited to see Sita maa after a long time. But next time I will remember your words.

Chak: Isha tell the maids to serve refreshments for everyone.

Isha smiled at Sita and Akhil introduced her. Sita was constantly under the hot gaze of Sheela yet Akhil's kind gesture comforted her to some extent.

Kamala saw all the arrangements were ready and informed everyone to gather to start the ceremony. She informed Sheela, Kamini and Sita to light the lamp and sent Isha to bring Jhanvi down.

Sita and Kamini placed all the gifts, jewels, dresses and sweets they had brought. Sheela saw them and mumbled " Something is better than nothing"

Akh: When did we fall out of money or jewels that we are depending or expecting from Sita maa and Kamini aunty ? Mom we are supposed to look at the love they have for us.

Kamala: You are exactly like you grand pa Akhil.  Kamini, we too love our Jaanu and we will also give her gifts you know. Wait for the ceremony and I will show my love to our Jaanu.

Kamini: Oh, our girl has become the darling here now is it ? Its only a wonder if anyone doesn't like her.

They heard giggling sound and turned towards the stairs. Isha and Jhanvi were getting down and Jhanvi was dressed in a sky blue silk saree with lotus zari border and tiny leaves all over the body. Her long hair was plaited and adorned with lot of jasmine flowers. A necklace with haram and bangles added to her beauty. The big jhumkas sawyed front and back as she walked slowly down the steps.