Chapter - 96

Recap: Akhil reveals the truth about Jhanvi's parents to her.

******************

The full moon was shining brightly and the gentle breeze made the climate a lovely one. The fragrance of the flowers in the garden hit the nostrils along with the chillness from the calm yet cool night of the monsoon. But neither the moon nor the breeze or the fragrance of the flowers or the chillness of the night gave solace to many souls as they drowned in absolute grief.

Jhanvi was sitting on the couch in the balcony lost in thoughts. Akhil who was accompnying her for so long went to the kitchen to get some hot coffee which would give warmth to her painful throat that gulped so much of pain since he revealed the truth to her. He sat beside and blew the hot coffee a little and brought it near her lips and sighed her drink it. Little by little he made her drink and later he carried her to the room and laid on the bed with her head on his chest and his hands wrapped around her securely.

Her racing mind and thudding heart calmed in his embrace. Whatever be the problem one thing that did not change in her life after marriage was his warmth, love and care that he showered on her no matter what happened in between them. Their love was only burning high like a fire put on mountain. 

Her breathing turned even indicating that she was fast asleep but his sleep was far away. He was worried how far he has to witness her breaking further once she confronts the person responsible for this. If there was anything he could do to make this current problem disappear then he could do it t any cost even if he had to sacrifice anything from him but he felt frustrated for not being able to stop the things happening in her life, for not being able to take her pain instantly. After a long time he too slept cuddling her.

His sleep did not last and his mobile started ringing. He quickly got the mobile and lowered the volume and saw the caller id. It was Kamini which made him panick with varius thoughts. Would something have happened to Rajendran was the first thought struck his mind. Will Jhanvi never get to embrace her father's love in her life and the thought pricked his heart with pain. He gulped and looked at the screen without answering but Jhanvi nudged him bringing him back to reality and he answered the call. Hearing the words from Kamini his voice broke and he turned to Jhanvi.

Akh: Grand pa is in hospital in a critical sitution. We....we...need to leave...

He quickly got down and they rushed out and called Isha who was asleep in the guest room. They informed her and drove to the hospital.

10 hours before the call....at Kamini's residence:

After Akhil dropped Rajendran in his room with assurance that he will bring Jhanvi the next day he left from there. Rajendran moved to his study and shut the doors. He opened the draw which was left locked for years and took a small bag from it.

He emptied the contents of the bag on the table. A photo of Lalitha, her favourite bangles which he bought for her before she disappeared in his life, her shawl and a small envelop which had a dried flower which he was saving that reminded him the first time he made love to her. He could not stop the tears that wet his cheeks as the memories turned out fresh even now to him. He only cursed himself that he believed others words and lost his love. Fault was his that he did not believe in her which put him in the current situation and he could never get forgiveness for the sins he had done by ruining his own daughter's life.

He muffled his cries and put the things back in place and reached the outhouse where Jhanvi lived with Sita. He opened the door and went inside and sat on the floor looking around the single room with open kitchen and a small bathroom attached.

Raj Mv: I worked hard and earned so much but my daughter lived here and served me as a maid. Enough of all the pain she went through and I went through missing my Lalitha. I will set everything right.