Chapter - 23

Recap: Akhil and Isha's grandma Kamala arrives at Akhi's home and Chakravarthy announces Jhanvi and Akhil to stay in the same room.

************************

Akhil waited for Jhanvi to return to their room after lunch but Jhanvi stayed back in the living and spent time in the garden in the evening. Later she spent time with Isha in her room and sometime with Kamala. During dinner Akhil was constantly looking at Jhanvi who was serving food to all. Kamala made Jhanvi sit next to her and they all had dinner together. After dinner Akhil was pacingin his room waiting for Jhanvi who was in Kamala's room massaging her legs. Kamala felt Jhanvi was truly a gem and innocent. She called Sheela to her room who had a scowl on looking at Jhanvi.

Kam: What a mother in law are you Sheela ? Jhanvi is newly married and are you not taking care of her ?

She: Maa, What is there to take care ? This marriage happened all of a sudden and let some days pass. 

Kam: Oh, now tell me did you arrange their wedding night or not ?

Jhanvi 's face turned red hearing Kamala's open talk and Akhil who came in search of Jhanvi stood froze on hearing Kamala's words. 

She: We already arranged everything Maa. Don't worry they are staying in the same room.

Akh Mv: Mom, you are playing with your own son's feelings.Why mom ?

Kam: So what? they are still in the honeymoon phase. you should have sent them for honeymoon. Atleast did you check how she is getting ready before getting to bed. Its not like you don't know anything.

She: You never spoke anything to me like this when I was married to your son.

Kam: That is because you were talented and did everything without anyone telling you. You and chakku enjoyed atleast two months of your honeymoon period so my Akhil should atleast enjoy three months and already a month has passed.

She: Mom, this is modern generation. We need not tell them what and when to do. Leave them on their own.

Kam: I m wasting time talking to you. Better I will take care of my grand daughter myself. I will teach her.

Akh Mv: My darling granny. you are the best. I love you so much.

Kam: Now go and send Akhil to guest room. I will get Jhanvi ready.

Jha: Grandma......grandma......

Kam: You are very naive Jhanvi. I think you have not seen how girls are of this generation. And look at you wearing a salwar being a new bride. Come lets go to your room.

Akhil raised his fist in air and rushed to his room. Soon Sheela came to his room and he pretended to do some work and took a file in his hand and looked at his mom.

Akh: Sorry mom, will speak later. I have some work and will be in study.

Akhil did not wait for her response and left to his study while Sheela felt Kamala's plan would sure fail as Akhil has never returned to his room once he went to study in the past whereas Akhil shut the door of his study and jumped in joy. 

Akh: God thank you so much. I did not expect that you would such a setting. Akhil get ready idiot.

Akh Mv: You are behaving like you will have your wedding night today. 

Akh: something is better than nothing. Why not start with baby steps. Who knows anything could happen but I will manifest for something good. Atleast some good verbal communication and little romance.

He went to the washroom in the study and Kamala took Jhanvi to her the closet in her room and started searching for a saree.

Kam: what is this Janu, why you have very less dress in the closet. Did Akhil take you to shopping or not ?