𝟏𝟖 | 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

*

A WEEK LATER

Grabbing a small bag I fold a few clothes and things for her, while kneeling down beside my bed. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I finally grab everything. The week went by smoothly, allowing me not to worry about anything or anyone preventing me to go on short errands.

"Akira...?"

Lifting my head recognising his voice, Levi stood before me at the door.

"Hmm, what is it?" I ask, while standing up tucking the bag under my arm.

"Do you want me to come?"

Shaking my head, "You don't have too, I mean...I won't even be long," assuring him. "Lena will be coming with me, and you're already busy with your new squad."

He sharply clicks his tongue, lightly scoffing.

Slipping my boots on at the door, I could feel hesitation with his actions. Making my way through I head down to find Lena and Klara, not really wanting to trouble Levi. Overtime since he was given a squad, while I have to wait until fresh new soldiers' enlist. Not many set foot in this regiment, which shows how cowardly they are. Having Klara around dstracted me for a while, but I knew after giving her a new home, I had to get back to my usual routine.

"Akiwa!!!" Klara calls out cutely, rushing towards me. She embrace my legs, while I gasp in surprise with her happy greeting. My eyes meet Lena's who was ready to go, as I pat the child's blonde hair tenderly.

"Hey cutie, you ready to meet your new mother?"

Her big forest green eyes gaze into my own, with pure excitement. Yet, her smile falters making her cheeks look more puffed out and chubbier. Knotting my eyebrows in confusion, I bend down to her level and patted her head.

"What's the matter, sweetie?"

Her eyes soon grow glassy with tears, "I'm gonna miss you,"

Chuckling softly I embrace her close to me, feeling her tiny arms latch around holding onto me for dear life. She sniffles in response, "I will too, hopefully I can come by and see ya,"

Her eyes widen, before a smile stretches across her tiny face.

"Really?"

Nodding with a soft smile, she holds me closer making me breath in slowly and exhaling deeply knowing my job was to make the lives like hers easier. To live without worry, and to reclaim Wall Maria to victory.

*

KARANES DISTRICT - WALL ROSE

"It's so good to see you, my dear Akira," the woman greets, as her name is Ingrid. She wasn't much older than me, with light blonde hair and light blue eyes. Herself and her husband chose to live normal lives, after losing family that were from Shiganshina. They ran a popular bakery store, which is where my mother and I would use to come over, and support her. She looks at me from head to toe, bewildered.

"My goodness, you've grown into a fine woman!" She exclaims. "How old are you now? Twenty?"

Chuckling in response, "No, I'm twenty-two....close but will be twenty-three this year,"

She smiles softly, before clearing her throat.

"So......did you bring her?" She asks softly, seeing excitement behind her eyes. To be honest I'm grateful she's excited, knowing many children would want a place to belong. To have a place of comfort, knowing Karanes District is a little safer than some districts.