𝟓𝟕 | 𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧 𝐀𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

*

NEXT DAY

Gathering what we needed for the secret location, I couldn't shake off this eerie feeling since the Wall was breached, but then was falsely assumed. I knew there wasn't an opening, nor a crack in the wall. 

However something felt off to me, but after a good night's rest, my mind was never wandering like before. Something shifts inside me, shoving my complaints and discomfort. It was so much, that I didn't want to deal with or hinder it.

Eren and Historia were our main priorities to keep watch over, but I cared deeply for the 104th.

Then again, some of the cadets were still torn apart with their ex comrades betrayal. Things were shifting so quickly, I tried my best to keep up and analyse what our next job was. It was to seal the wall in Shiganshina, and regain Wall Maria. It sounded far more simple being said, but the job was weighing on Eren's shoulder whether or not we could pull it off.

That being said Levi, Hanji and I were the top superiors of this mission, while Erwin was recovering.

Saddling my horse I just tightened the strap, slipping through the buckle, patting the side of my horses neck. My eyes hung heavy, realising how many horses I've been going through. I've wanted to just rely on one, so the cost would reduce and to at least bond with them. 

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, something falls from my bag causing me to snap my head, to see one of my old sketchbooks since I was a child.

"Hmm.......haven't you seen you in a while," I murmur to myself, while picking up. However, something was peaking out from the very back of the book. Tugging the small slip of paper, it was folded four times. Unfolding it slowly, not recalling ever placing something in here, I went to read what was written when a hand rests on my shoulder.

My head snaps to their direction, only to meet his steel gaze.

"Best be going," Levi appears out of nowhere, but I quickly fold the paper and shoved it in my pocket.

Nodding, "Hmm......yeah, hope Erwin can manage without us for a bit," I say, when Lena appears out of nowhere. Perfect timing, "Hey Lena.....could you um, place my books back into the barracks. I don't think I would be needing them for a while, sorry."

Her eyes widen, "Oh, thought you wanted to take these with you," She assumes, before taking them willingly. "Sure, won't be long."

Humming softly, I flip my reigns over the horse head to rest at the pommel of the saddle. 

"How is your leg?" I ask softly, shifting my eyes to meet his soft gaze. "Are you able to do this?"

He scoffs, "Tch, seriously.......I'm alright," he assures me, nonchalantly while glancing back to check if we missed something. "Anyway, we must keep going before anything gets leaked on Eren's location."

Humming softly in agreement, Lena finally returned rather quickly signalling us that it was time to disperse. Hoisting myself upon the stirrups, I swung my leg before mounting my horse comfortably. Gripping my reigns with left hand, I brush my hair to the side seeing Lena and Levi already upon their horses already.

"Erwin will inform us further information later," I spoke up, informing the two. "With Hanji relocating Pastor Nick, hopefully things will calm down in a few days or weeks......"

Levi hums in agreement, steering his horse around to face me.

"Well, she will be joining us later," He points out, before flicking the reigns while nudging his horse. We began setting off to the gates, as we began making our way to the location. Though we were trying to find some way to regain Wall Maria, things were just feeling really off. I could feel it.