𝟗𝟏 | 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧

*

A MONTH LATER 

"Are you sure you're alright?" 

His voice firm, but laced with concern for my wellbeing. "I mean, I know this is the welcome ceremony of the harbour, and Yelena will be present after a whole years so..." his voice trails off, while I slip on a comfy onesie on Luka.

"I won't attend the opening, but I will be present in the meeting room," I reply softly, as my eyes tenderly gaze into my sons azure eyes. His raven hair has somewhat grown, with a bright refreshing smile to ease my stress. Lifting him up I held him against my breast, when Levi steps closer and caressed Luka's chubby cheek tenderly with his index finger. 

The infant curiously latched his tiny hand around his papa's finger, earning a small shift of a smile on Levi's stoic face.

Today was finally the day of the welcome ceremony, seen the Port has been finished. The infrastructure of the buildings aside nearby the docks, and few gathering and system points were finally cultivated. What's more, things were upgraded to a newer version of the current buildings were have within the walls.

Adding onto the opening of the harbour, the Marleyan volunteers managed to help us correspond withe the Ambassador of Hizuru. From a country that was from the same connecting branch of my clan. Maybe I can get a few answers, or understand what my clan was to them. 

Luka coos again holding onto Levi's finger, with a look of wonder in those beautiful eyes of his.

Levi seemed to notice how silent I've grown recently, even Lena admitted I've mellowed out since Luka's birth. I just felt more overprotective of my son, that I'm afraid if I look away for a second, he'll be taken from me. A mother's love really is strong.

This must've been how my mother felt about me, how she wanted to protect me no matter how much she was ruining her marriage for it. Being a parent brought me new challenges, new obstacles and brought me more patience than I ever could be. Little by little, all I could do is take it step by step, trying to make everyday count with my son. 

"You know, Lena can take care of Luka for a bit?"

Lifting my eyes tilting away from him while swaying little Luka, "I just don't want to--"

"Akira, you've been by his side since his birth," He says firmly, before softening with a heavy sigh. He steps closer and took my unoccupied hand, tracing his thumb in the centre of my palm gently. He presses a soft gentle kiss to my lips tenderly, "I know it's your duty, but you've run yourself ragged........how about we take Lena's offer.......she's your assistant."

"You know I would hate to put her on babysitting duty," arguing back, while little Luka coos towards his father's face. My eyes soon flicker to meet Levi's concerned ones, hating that I'm worrying him again. Within moments Levi took little Luka from my arms and held him close to his chest, feeling a sense of security with Levi right by my side.

~Knock~Knock~

"It's Lena, may I come in?"

"Come in!"

The doors with a heavy creak before looking presentable, in her forest green cloak and her hair neatly pulled up into a ponytail. Though her scar was large and noticeable, I was worried about her insecurities. However she surprised me, by presenting her facial scars proudly, she walks anywhere without a glimpse of disdain or discomfort in her appearance. "The ship is coming shortly, will you be attending?" Lena asks softly, before locking onto little Luka who began cooing towards her as well. 

Levi clears his throat, "Actually Lena, could we take your offer?" his eyes flicker to mine, while I was silently giving him the death glare mouthing 'no' to him.