𝟔𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐬

*

Tying my wound more tightly with the rag with my teeth, I grimace with a low grunt of discomfort. I couldn't tend to it yet, not when time was running out by every dreading second. My body literally shook at the size of that beast, and judging it, it was definitely taller than the colossal by far.

The amount of heat and pressure it inflicted on everything surrounded it, left a burnt trail behind as we managed to catch up to the district first.

Taking slow deep breathes in, and out, I step towards the meeting room that wasn't far from where I stood. I told Levi to go on ahead, not wanting to concern him anymore. He's been already holding the squad together,  and now more weight has been placed upon the military and us.

Entering the meeting room I head over to Levi, as he stood on the side of the table waiting for the meeting to begin. 

He seems to let his eyes wander only to meet mine, as his eyes soften for a moment. Smiling weakly, I make my way over and stood beside him. We both fell silent, awaiting for a few more to follow in so we could begin the meeting.

Standing quietly in front of the table, that held scattered reports and maps all over messily, Erwin stood at the other side of the table. Levi shifted his weight leaning closer to me, as my hands rested against my hips achingly. Hanji and moblit stood on the other side of me, with the children lined up behind us.

Though we're all pretty exhausted by everything from tonight, this threat is bigger than we all could imagine. There was no time to waste, nor any time to worry about ourselves.

Hanji and Moblit were quietly talking, as I waited for Lena to come back and report in. I didn't have time to properly dress my wound, but once we've prepared a plan I would get round to it. Even Hanji, stubborn as ever wouldn't dress their wound until this was done. However Hanji has become someone I've cherished close, and seeing them today being almost killed before me, made my blood boil with rage which was unlike me.

These kids are even dragged into this mess so young, wishing only they had few months before this happened. This was hell.

Glancing back I was met with eyes filled with uncertainty, and fear. I couldn't blame them, but I'm proud with how they've managed this far to survive with us both. It was all a mess, but gradually we'll have the upperhand. I hope. Soon Historia joins not long after, seeing her geared up with a spare ODM and a face full of determination.

I could feel Levi's weighted gaze upon me, while I changed my focus on the map at a random spot. My arms fall against my sides, only to feel the weight pull heavily against my wounded arm. Lifting it back up I kept steady upon my hip, while I tried not to glance Levi's way.

He didn't have anything to say or the least do, but I felt his hand brush over my hand gingerly. 

"You doing alright?" I ask him, quickly shifting his worry upon himself. "With...you know, about Kenny?"

He sighs heavily as his hand falls to his side, as the other pinches the bridge of his nose with slight frustration.

"Fine, everything.......is fine," He assures me, quietly while my eyebrows furrowed together with concern. I know I shouldn't pry if he says it like that, because it's obvious he's troubled by it all. My eyes flicker to a small cut across his cheek, inflamed and red around, knowing it was light as the blood was dried.

I shouldn't worry about it, he would just get more annoyed with me as it is.

Changing the view, my eyes flicker over across the table to see Erwin gazing in my direction. He seemed like he wanted to talk to me, but now wasn't the time to when the doors finally shut in response. Soon after waiting for a while, the meeting begun.