𝟳𝟬 | 𝐀𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧

*

"Akira.....Akira......?"

Blinking a few times, I was in confusion for a moment before realisation hits me. Lena stood in front of me, snapping her fingers sharply while her brows knitted together with worry. Rolling back my shoulders I come back to my senses, before giving her a quick smile.

"Hmm, what was it you were saying?" I ask, as the room was crowded with injured men and women from the battle earlier. 

She slumps forward leaning her elbows on her knees, while just giving me her usual concerned look which always left me feeling guilty. Whatever she was saying, guess I wasn't entirely listening in. My arm was numbed from the blood loss, which left me wondering if she's already gauzed it.

"Seriously Akira, you've been shot and stabbed......" she sighs with defeat, before her face contorts with irritation. Irking an eyebrow, she gives me a scolding look. "......so don't over do it, please? You're one of our finest and strongest soldiers, losing you will affect everything and....."

The frustration was so shaking in her voice, as if she was terrified. Did I really worry her, because this is the first time she's almost broken down. Her hand was shaking visibly, but she covers it up by folding her arms together.

Lifting my good arm I pat her shoulder, seeing a surprised look in her teary auburn eyes that glazed over.

"Lena, I'm fine alright," I assure her, decisively. She tries to avoid my eyes, knowing she felt guilty for both my wounds. I get it, but it was also my battle too. "You may be my assistant, a comrade and sister.........but, you don't have to be my mother. That's my job, okay?"

I could tell she felt frustrated like she was responsible, making me give her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"Kay?" I repeat myself, making her slowly nod in defeat.

She ran her fingers through her blonde hair, with a heavy sigh.

"Yeah......sorry," before slumping herself back, as she shifts her attention to the metal tray beside her. "Anyway, we have to properly treat your wound......"

Nodding, she ushers someone over which to my surprise was Moblit who was watching over Hanji finally resting up for now. Adjusting myself on the medical bed, Lena walks over to unwind the bloodied cloth that was dry and crusty. Peeling it off carefully, the pressure finally gives my arm somewhat relief before she peels another layer off.

Waiting for her to clean the wound, a short gasp hitches in her throat.

Her gloved fingers rest tenderly around the bullet wound, making me grimace through my teeth quietly. She ushers Moblit to have a look, before feeling a warm light drifts over blinding me from the side.

Seething through my teeth, "What is it?"

"Um.........it seems, some of the bullet pieces were still left when shot," her voice grew more unquiet, the more time lingered forward. My head cranes to the side to the two, as I saw the flesh was shredded and fresh blood oozing down my arm slowly.

"It seems we might need to do a careful procedure," Moblit admits, even though it seems like it might be a painful process. 

Shaking my head, I wave my good hand.

"Just get it done and over with, I'll be fine," I assure the two, as the thought made my gut churn sickeningly. Even though it was my first time being shot, I still remained calm. Previous to blade wounds, rope burns, and whiplashes, this wasn't a walk in the park.

"But--"

My eyes met hers with a stern, trusting look, "I know you can do it, so please? Stop worrying, and just get the damn pieces out!"