𝟓𝟐 | 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

*

Just before thinking that there was nothing the young recruits could do, I could hear yelling and shouting from afar. Not being able to hear from where I am, I could tell something was coming. However my hearing senses pick up finally, as a cluster of heavy footsteps were up ahead. My eyes slightly widen, hoisting my upper half to peer through the crack of the armour.

I couldn't help but smirk, noticing a herd of titans charging towards us with a Scouts squad leading them. 

Who could've thought of this dumbass kind of plan, but make it so badass? Erwin Smith. With a breathy chuckle, Reiner's titan growls lowly. Suddenly I felt the armoured go faster, with a slight tilt as Bertholdt holds me tightly. Soon a massive wave of force knocks right through, causing me to grimace in discomfort. Bertholdt soon pulls out his controllers, while keeping an arm around my neck to hold me back.

"Shit!"

Out of nowhere I felt the world drop and collapse, but Reiner's hands remained where they were, intact. My heart was pounding while feeling the armoured being tackled, and grabbed. A bellowing roar from the armoured sent chills up my spine, while trying to find something to grip on. Sweat draws along my brow, while feeling more claustrophobic inside.

That's when light begins to shine through, realising Reiner's hands were now opening up.

Reiner's hand that held us in protection slams into the horde of titans, trying to shake off these titans. However with Bertholdt grabbing out his controllers, his grip wasn't supportive enough as I felt my body slowly falling. My eyes met with Bertholdt's panicked ones, but before he could react, a large hand soon envelopes around me.

A normal titan snatches me, while I tried to snap the rope that bound behind me.

My heart quickens in protest, while slowly being drawn to the maws of the the beast. It's breath was putrid, burning my nose with absolute disgust. Slowly I was being drawn to my death, when blood sprays from behind, showering down upon me. Slowly my body was released, falling through the horde of titans.

In the spur of the moment arms wrap around me, securely.

"Thought I would never see ya again," A familiar voice appears, turning to see her. "Corporal, so glad to have you back."

"Lena........"

She flies down towards her horse before placing me down, with her follow suit with me in front. She took the reigns quickly, directing her horse away from the death zone where the Armoured was struggling. She soon whips out a small blade, before angling her body around and snaps the rope in two.

"There, sorry we took so long," She apologises, but I shook my head.

"It's fine.......but right now, we must get Eren and Historia back!" I sternly shift the subject, as we galloped around the horde of titans. "We can talk later, now? Now we must get Eren back, but.....I don't have my ODM."

She nods with agreement, "Right, well you just stay with me," She firmly orders. "The Commander wished for me to at least retrieve you, if that was any of the case......."

She seems rather troubled, while I run my fingers through my messy wild raven locks.

"Speaking of the Commander, where is he?!" I question, feeling the wind pound against my ears as we ran the opposite direction to the wind. 

Her jaw clenches, "He's.....he's been......"

Before she could even reply, screaming and yelling begins to pierce the air to a terror of soldiers dying and being devoured. The whole battlefield was becoming more chaotic than before, but our main objective was Eren and Historia. Though I said it many times, it kept me only focusing on the goal then to falter and wander.