𝟔𝟓 | 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞

*

NEXT DAY - IN TROST (RONIN's POV)

Soldiers were lining up one by one, hands in cuffs and tied along in a chained position towards the wagons down below. My eyes narrow, seeing how pathetic the Scouts look. This man, Kenny Ackerman, seems to know what he's doing around here. Since infiltrating the walls after those two titan brats failed in capturing both Eren and Akira, my patience was wearing down.

"Maybe this'll satisfy the fat cats," Kenny smirks, hands shoved in his pockets. "Reeves ended up being just as useful against us as with us."

"But we still don't have any leads on Akira and Levi," Caven states.

That old man just murdered Dimo Reeves, whoever he was. It didn't matter to me, but he seemed to know what he was doing. Seriously, seeing a fat merchant brought disgust to me that they get to live an easy life. Cowards.

"Like I told you, the runt's not gonna hide forever," He assures her. "When he shows, we kill him and you...." he turns to me. ".....you'll finish your mission."

Rolling my eyes with his deplorable assurance, my head raises slightly not breaking away from the commotion down below.

"You look impatient," Kenny remarks, causing me to scoff dryly. "Sorry you couldn't get her like you planned, seems you underestimated her.......but boy, she's quite the fighter.....dontcha agree?"

Rolling my eyes they drift back down to the wagons, with the Scouts piling in carefully being watched by the Mp's, rifles in hand.

He seethes through his teeth, "You know, I don't understand why you want her so badly," the old man shrugs his shoulders, stepping closer to me. "Wanna tell me why you wanna either take her back, or even......why eliminate her?"

The anger slowly rushes to the surface, while my jaw locks sharply.

"No,"

An arm slung over my shoulder, "Come on, a little heart to heart....hmmm? Be thankful I haven't reported that someone infiltrated from an unknown land," he patronises me, slyly. "Seriously, I don't give a damn where ya from.....I want to know where ya stand."

Shoving my hands into the pockets of my cloak, my eyes slice to his while breathing heavily through my nose.

"Her death........will bring me peace," I reply, venomously. "She may be strong, but it makes her more of a threat to me...........once she's out of the picture, I'll be the only remaining member of our clan."

"What are you to her?"

Closing my eyes, I could still remember that night her mother fled. It brought more pain, and infliction upon me, I had to weigh the problems from her hasty actions when she went against protocol. 

"Just an Uncle," I simply reply, darkness clouding over my eyes. 

*

~ YEAR 823 ~ (3rd POV)

"Congratulations Katsumi.....it's a healthy baby girl," 

One of the maids exclaimed with warmth, while holding the small bundle in her arms delicately afraid to hurt the child. The mother panted heavily, sweat aligning her temple while trying to focus on something. A few moments she calms down, she was given her little daughter being placed in her care. Resting her newborn against her bare chest, warm tears welled in the woman's eyes.

"She's beautiful," She cooed softly, eyes gazing lovingly to her first newborn.

However she knew that punishments will come later, for not conceiving a boy. It was a family tradition to have a male first born, and she broke the families tradition. No matter how much backlash she will receive, the love she held  for her daughter was beyond immeasurable.