𝟒𝟑 | 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐔𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝

*

'Dammit Miche, why do you have to be the bait?'

When Miche headed off down back towards the Scout Facility, where we just came from. So many things were happening again, I myself was questioning how we managed to let these titans breach the walls. It just didn't add up, when the stone of the wall compared to the gates we built, are different materials.

Shaking my head, all I could think of right now is finding anyone to warn to save more lives.

Not long I hear a gasp in surprise, when my eyes fall upon a ruins and debris of cottages. Roofs and walls were caved in, class shattered all around, the earth trampled. My eyes slowly widen in horror, as Connie flicks his reigns heading further up.

"Wait, Connie!" I call, but he ignores me with desperation.

He calls out for anyone, while my eyes take in all of Ragako. Despite my second time being here, all I felt was remorse for the place. However, why isn't there a drop of blood around. Usually on missions, or back when Trost was breached, the streets were painted red.

My eyes suspiciously glance around, cautiously searching for anyone. Or a body at least.

"Corporal?" Lynne asks, when I point around in different directions for more instruction.

"Scout around, search for anyone or bodies," I order softly, but firmly. My stomach was churning, feeling unsettled how this was looking. It was rather odd, but then again we little know nothing.

"Yes, Ma'am!" Both Gelgar and Lynne nod, before searching around.

Guiding my horse around searching for anything, all I could see was debris and dishevelled earth. Houses torn from rooftops, to walls that was left abandoned. My eyes trail around quickly, desperate to find at least one survivor or more.

Yet, my eyes fall upon a large titan that was unusual to me.

What was more strange, was it was on it's back on a house like it fell over. My eyes widen before seeing Connie and Reiner in front of it, causing me to charge over with instinct.

Raising my hand, "Cadets, stand back!" I warn them, before taking the sight of the titan. To be honest, it hasn't moved an inch, despite seeing all of us at once. My heart was beating heavily, while I stare at it disbelief.

"Corporal, what the hell is it doing?!" Gelgar questions, realising he was just approaching us.

Shaking my head, "I.....I don't know, it's seems to be immobile," assuming that's the case, seeing how skinny and frail the arms and legs were. It clearly would be impossible, especially supporting such weight on tiny legs.

Gelgar was utterly confused, "But.....then.....I don't understand," he stammers, trying to gather the right words. "How did it even get here?!"

If it can't move, then Gelgars question was my own......

Swinging my leg over my horse my feet land firmly on the ground, while my eyes trace back to see Connie's eyes widening. His breath grew shaky, his body shaking a little while he cold sweats with fear.

"Everyone, search for any survivors or supplies," I order, trying to shift the focus on our main survival. Everyone nods in agreement, but Connie doesn't move an inch. His eyes were fixated on the titan, as I walk up to him with concern.

"Connie, what is it?" placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "The titan isn't going to move, so you're safe to search."

He shook his head, "N-No.......everything, is in ruins," he tears up, welling at the corner of his eyes. Voice straining, "M-My hometown has been completely wiped out!"