𝟔𝟒 | 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

*

After a matter of negotiation with Dimo Reeves, the deal was struck and things began to roll forward. At least we had option B, which was use the Reeves Company for our advantage in recovering both Historia and Eren. Although, we had to give him some kind of bargaining aspect in the mix. A bribery.

Whether I couldn't trust the old, fat merchant of a man, Levi placed his trust in him. Which also made me ease myself a little, trusting in Levi.

However Levi decided to hand Reeves both Historia and Eren, with three conditions left lingering in the air. Levi faces Dimo lifting three fingers, counting them down one by one to put it simply. 

Levi turns to him, "One....from now on, the Reeves company will join the survey corps in opposing the interior military police brigade, as well as the royal government and it's decrees--"

"What...?!" Reeves exclaims, in distress. "Are you telling me to start a war?!"

Levi lowers his third finger down, "Two.......the Reeves company will trust the survey corps whole-heartedly,"

Reeves grunts with distaste, contorting his face along with hesistation.

"Trust you?" He seethes out. "We merchants only use that word as a joke, you know."

Levi nonchalantly arches an eyebrow, "I'm not speaking to a merchant, I'm speaking to you....Dimo Reeves," He assures the merchant. "I'm asking you about how you live your life. What kind of man are you? Will you let your men and the people of this town die...and accept defeat? or will you face the rulers of our world and fight?"

My eyes rest back onto levi, while he still knelt on his knee before Dimo.

"Even I don't know what the right answer is," He admits. "You're free to choose.."

The merchant clenches his jaw, finding no way out of this. He was cornered, and left with not many options but to comply.

He scoffs, "What kind of idiot accepts a contract without hearing all the conditions first?"

"Oops, my apologies," Levi replies, lowering his second finger to the last. "Three......from now on, the survey corps will receive priority access to any rare or luxury food, drink or product the Reeves company obtains. Tea, for example.

Reeves chuckles, "Seems you're even greedier than a merchant, I like that," lending a hand out, while Levi turns to me searching for any sign for me to add anything. Shaking my head, he soon took Levi's hand with a firm grip.

"You're a smart man, I'll give ya that," Reeves grins, already like the deal already. "We have a deal."

How easy he took the deal was beyond my comprehension, but all that matters is having him comply with a deal in the mix. These days, trust was only a dream. Seriously, we had to earn it or survive alone with nothing but yourself. So finally we're in business, ready to set this plan in motion.

*

After a while of planning, we soon followed behind the wagon as we instructed. Reeves and his son were up at the front together of the Wagon, with a few of the Military Policeman tucked within the wagon. Understanding the plan, Dimo lied to the Mp's he collected saying he had Historia and Eren with him.

Instead, we were at an unknown location awaiting to take the Mp's hostage, and begin the torturing. We didn't want too, but in our current situation we needed information to confirm our next approach. 

Although, I didn't like the idea of torture, my anger was surfacing.

Keeping the kids in a separate room far from the tutoring room, Hanji managed to find and settled in a place appropriate for what's to come. Knowing full well what we're gonna do was beyond our main purpose in being a Scout, all I wanted was to find out the truth.