𝟕𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐁𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲

*

TWO DAYS LATER - COUNCIL MEETING

Sitting side by side between Erwin and Levi, we were stationed by ranks and opposite of the Military and Garrison. The premier, Zachary, sat at the top chair reading the reports that were given in advance, before we all arrived.

With creating further technology, weaponry, and building an orphanage; our lives were clearly coming to an unsettling peace.

I understood that we've finally had peace and stability within the kingdom, since Historia held the weight of humanity by placing the crown upon her head. Yet, I still felt unsettled for some reason, as if my own nightmares couldn't get any worse. Night after night, I couldn't get a decent amount of sleep in. It wasn't anything new to me, but it was getting more irritating.

Zachary shifts his glasses, lowering the reports he just skimmed by, "I see......a titan guillotine?" raising his eyes to meet everyone's attention. "Excellent job, Survey Corps. The retaking of Wall Maria is starting to look realistic. How goes the nighttime pathmaking in Shiganshina District?"

Erwin nods, "Sir, we've now secured a path more than halfway in," informing him, of the progress so far. "Our swift progress has only been possible thanks to that shining ore....The day we execute the plan to reclaim Wall Maria is now in sight....."

My hands balled into fists firmly, hoping this will become a success. This is my home I once grew up in, and hated the fact that it was the first district to be taken down by the enemies' tyranny.

How careless are they? Breaking through, without a real plan in sight....

"...As is the practical introduction of those new weapons," Erwin continues on, my eyes slicing up to glancing up over my shoulder. "Within the month....I believe that all our preparations will be complete."

Most of the higher ranking officers and soldiers began murmuring, hearing relief or confusion. Clearly this was at least the positive side of the plan, but despite how early this news was brought to Zachary's attention, some would be having misgivings on Erwin's plan.

However, I felt a wave of nausea hit me out of nowhere, causing me to cover my mouth discreetly. Grimacing unpleasantly, I squeeze my eyes to ease the dizziness rushing to my head. Swallowing back whatever wanted to come up my throat , I exhale quietly while trying to be professional and composed.

A hand rests over my thigh beneath the table, causing me to glance over to my left to see Levi looking at me with concern. Giving him a warm smile, I focus back on the meeting.

"Earlier than expected," A military officer spoke up, glancing over the papers with a slight grimace. "But...failure is not an option. After all, keeping the Aristocats we've taxed so heavily under control...and securing the survey corp's special funding......all that is predicated on retaking that lost territory. If we fail, we'll go bankrupt."

I could sense Levi taking everything into consideration, just by how quiet he's been. Side Glancing in his direction, the Mp falls quiet noticing he was looking in Levi's direction.

"Captain, sir.....do you have any advice?" He asks, rather carefully.

Levi was quiet for a moment, ".....no, I don't," he replies, blatantly. "I think you're absolutely right."

Taken by his response, I expected no less to common sense.

Erwin clears his throat, "We have bled both inside and outside the walls, all in order to retake Wall Maria," he comments, displaying our hard work all these years. "As for the survey Corps, we intend to devote our full strength to repay our lost fellow soldiers for giving their lives."