「𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞」

~TS: Hurricane ~ Fleurie

*

YEAR 824 - MARLEY - (Katsumi's Pov:)

Power........

...Idealism......Order........

....and delusional grasp of reality.....

The Marleyans have always brought hell upon us, no matter what race, religion or country to belong too. It all began since the reign of King Fritz, the first king of the Eldians. Many lives were taken, the constant wars and conflict waged on no matter how you look at it.

Even wished war would come to a compromise, war will only continue grow and rot further down the generations. To divide and conquer, they say.

Being the Chief's only eldest daughter, and heir to the Yamasaki's clan, things were soon weighed upon my shoulders early at a young age. Expectations, abuse, the domestic affliction and political matters were only met with my father's eyes. Marriage was the only way to bring our family to prosper, but for their own selfish gain.

Yet, I stood amongst the subject's of Ymir and the branches that connected to my clan.

No one knew how much I had to endure all these, just for myself to be tossed the moment I've become useless. I'm only a knot, that tied both ropes to hold more weight to each alliance that was made. Selfishly in my point of perspective, no one cared or even dared to ask for my opinion.

This was how our family was, having the power of the motherland.

From the connection to Hizuru's shogun many years ago, and the few branches that strayed in separate families, to the power of the titans. We have always remained loyal to our customs, honour and loyalty to our emperor. That was all taken from us, the moment Marley invaded and took from us.

Now baring a child that was balanced between different races, our child held th life of whatever path she may choose.....

*

Siren's blared throughout the internment zone, piercing the air with an alarming loud volume that made my ears ring continuously. Spotlights were drifting around across the water's edge from afar from where I stood, the salty air blows gently against my warm face.

Running through the dark alleyways stealthily, my lungs grew dry from the early morning air.

With my daughter tucked away in my chest, I cover her with the blanket from the icy wind. She was thankfully quiet as I tried moving forward, as my husband was already ahead checking the perimetre. He wasn't too happy how we managed to alert the guards, but all in all we had to keep moving.

Or my own daughter's life, and myself would be killed for attempting a heinous crime under Marley's security.

My eyes dart around hastily, keeping myself on guard trying to maintain my steady balance. Turning the corner sharply my hand subtly tightens around my daughter, before continuing towards the docks ahead. My breath grew dry and hoarse, feeling the cold air freezing through my nose.

Suddenly a light shone just before where I almost went to step out, before acutely ducking behind the rough dark tone brick wall behind.

Beads of sweat aligns at my temple while eyeing the light, that slowly drifted away, which gave me the advantage to continue forth. My heart pounded against my chest, pins and needles ran through my body fearfully, hoping no one can hear my loud heart that beated rapidly. However distant cries and yells begin to echoes from the distance, which left my pulse to spike up. Fighting the urge to hold back, I burst forth running past the risky open area.