𝟖𝟓 | 𝐏𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬

*

AT THE CEREMONY/ MEMORIAL

After having the articles sent out the next day to explain everything that was discussed, in the meeting with Queen Historia and the Premier. It was safe to say that every was filled with confliction and mixed emotions about it all. I couldn't blame them, and gathering by their reactions I would've felt the same way if I was a normal citizen.

Right now I have something to look for, and that's the child I'm carrying.

A love between Levi and I that I will hold, wishing only the best for my child and his or her future. It may sound cliche by my love already, but it was my true feelings that I tucked away. Yes, I'm afraid and scared, but at the same time it was a new chapter to Levi and I's life. 

"Here, let me help..."

He adjusted my collar comfortably around my neck, straightening it before adjusting the coat over my chest. His eyes trail over making sure I was presentable, but I couldn't help but admire him up so close. The way his narrowed eyes were soft, but so stern, and the way his silver blue eyes change to different shades of grey depending on his mood. His lips slightly parted, and the way he breaths steadily but so quietly. Light bags subtly blemished beneath his eyes, but still made him look young and well.

"What are you thinking about?" his voice breaks the still silence, his fingers trail along my jawline tenderly. His thumb drew circles near my earlobe, touching the stainless steel earring.

I softly smile, "It's nothing.......just being grateful for what I have," earning a short hum of agreement in his voice, before leaning forward as he presses a soft delicate kiss to my nose. My cheeks grow warmer, still finding his touch like it's the first time. 

"I'm grateful for you too," before nudging his head to the door. "We best be going now, the ceremony and memorial will be starting very soon...." he lends his hand out, as I was surprised for a moment not used to him being this gentle. 

Gladly taking his hand, his fingers thread through mine before giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

*

The room was crowded with many soldiers from each regiment, and the room filled with chatter and discussion I couldn't seem to listen to. It was a time to gain some respect, and give respect to others, especially after the heavy battle we fought through. So many lives rested on Hanji, Levi and I and we had to just accept it, and become better. It was overwhelming, but we took it well for now. 

"Easy....." he whispers, audibly with a low warm tone.

Levi's hand supports me at the small of my back, keeping me steady on my feet due to my heavy wounds and condition.

My eyes drift up soon hearing familiar voices from beside us, noticing Floch grimly looking at Armin with disgust. The frustration and anger slowly surfacing, coming clean to his admittance of who should be alive right now. "....listen....I heard about what you did, Floch--how hard you fought to ensure that Erwin would be revived," Armin's voice grew small, but firm to show his respect. 

The room felt heavier than before, as my hand clutch the cuff of my sleeve tightly trying to not let my emotions overwhelm me today.

"That's right," Floch bitterly spat, shifting his foot to turn to Armin fully with anger in his eyes. "You should be dead, and Erwin should stand in your place. I'm not alone in thinking that. All of us do. Everyone who read that report had the same thought.....Why wasn't Erwin the one that was saved?"

Everyone fell silent as if the tension began building, as my chest felt tighter.

"What do you know about Armin to justify saying that?" Eren fought back, speaking for Armin."Not a damn thing!"