𝟗 | 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭

~ Lost My Mind ~ Alice Kristiansen

*

TWO MONTHS LATER - YEAR 844

************************

Soldier's were slipping past our fingers, with the last two expeditions we have accomplished. Yet as usual nothing was successful, losing many soldiers along the way. New soldier's wouldn't be coming in for the next two years, due to their training for three years. Running low on ideas, we still need to explore the outside world.

For the time being Levi joined my squad, finding it easier with him cooperating with me. I noticed a different glint in his eyes since the fall of his best friends, but I don't know what's running through his head sometimes. He cooperated and followed instruction during the past two expeditions we have had, and some were still unsuccessful missions.

Running my fingers through my tangled locks, I trudge towards the bathroom to take my usual morning shower after an early start to training. My body grew sluggish, and all I've been doing was sit behind the desk and write papers. It's really a drag sometimes, but paperwork must be fulfilled before anything else.

Stepping inside I pick a cubicle before sliding the curtain shut behind me, as I slip my boots placing them side by side outside the cubicle. Soon I slip my clothes, pooling at the bottom of my feet I place them up on the shelf beside me. My eyes dark and hazy, I hook my towel on the wall before stepping forward turning the shower on.

A small yawn escape my lips, rubbing my eyes adjusting my blurry vision.

"Damn," I mutter, before stepping beneath the water feeling everything finally come to pause. Drowning the sounds of my surroundings, the water muffles everything around. The feeling of just slipping underneath the warm water, eases the tension in my tight muscles that have been bugging me for a while.

"Akira?!!!"

".........."

"Akira?!" soon a knock at the wall sends me out of my peaceful mode, blinking in surprise.

"Huh? Who's that?!"

"It's Hanji, I came to inform you that Erwin wishes to speak with you," She announces, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

Lifting my head up, I purse my lips.

"What does he want?!" calling out, due to the water rushing a little loudly.

"I don't know, just needs to speak with you,"

I felt this uneasy feeling, due to the fact that over time Erwin has been eyeing me suspiciously Things haven't been well since I saved his ass, when Levi almost had the chance to strike him down. It was almost like how Peter looked at me from afar too, but Erwin was a man equal to me. A comrade if you will, but sometimes there were things I was hesitant about.

"Alright, I will be done shortly!"

"Right!"

Hearing them leave with their boots receding, I let out a heavy sigh past my lips. Closing my eyes I drift beneath the water again, scrubbing myself with my usual vanilla sweet body scrub. Things like this scrub was hard enough to find, having to conserve it. Once I was finished, I scrub my hair thoroughly as well kneading my fingertips through my scalp, while humming a soft tune.

Turning the knob of the shower, I reach for my towel and began to dry myself while mentally preparing myself to meet him.

***

Wearing a black V neck sweater that framed my collarbone nicely, I wore my usual white pants with my boots. Fixing my hair lazily, my locks fall instead of putting it up for today. Finally reaching his door I stood firm, swallowing back I try to remind myself we're equals.